How to clean up your iPhone apps
Clean up iPhone - How to get your iOS device back up quickly
If the iPhone runs sluggishly, no more pictures can be saved and the battery runs out faster than expected, it is time to clean up your iPhone. We'll show you a few easy ways to muck out your iOS device and get it going again.
In contrast to Android devices, the iPhone memory cannot be expanded with a microSD card. If the memory of your Apple mobile phone is nearing the limit of its capacity, you can use the following tips to free up space quickly and easily. As a rule, you do not need a cleaner. Corresponding cleaning apps usually only clog the memory even more. You can find the included features even without the helper app.
iPhone: clear cache and Co.
Often times, the iPhone can be accelerated with a simple restart. Files that are no longer required are thrown from the cache. You can quickly find out what is clogging the iPhone memory in the iOS settings. This is how you can find out where to start to clean up first:
- Call the Settings app on.
- Select the area Generally out.
- You can find the menu here iPhone storage.
- In the bar above you can see which content uses the most storage space. So you can find out whether apps, photos or other files are to blame for the lack of space.
If you scroll down a bit, you will see the individual installed apps and their storage requirements. If you find applications here that you no longer need, tap on the corresponding line and then select Delete the app. Alternatively, you can delete an app directly from the home screen by pressing and holding the app symbol.
On the other hand, you should avoid manually closing apps when they are not in use. iOS is optimized for app use so that apps running in the background do not interfere. If you close an application manually, the mobile phone has to work harder to completely reload the app and create temporary files again. This puts a strain on both the battery and the performance of your iPhone.
Delete “Other” and “Other” files
The bar for in the memory overview is noticeable miscellaneous respectively Other. All files that cannot be classified in the other categories displayed are collected here under iOS. This mainly includes caches, cached streaming content, canceled downloads and update files. Usually iOS manages the miscellaneous-Content independently. However, if the proportion is too large or you want to free up a lot of storage space in one fell swoop, you clear the miscellaneous files. Unfortunately, there is no easy way, instead you have to go to several places. In addition, not all of the storage space in the miscellaneous area can usually be released.
- Firstly, delete the cache and history of the Safari browser.
- Close unnecessary tabs in the Safari browser.
- Remove old messages from the Messages app. In the message history settings, you can specify that messages are automatically deleted after a year or 30 days.
- The cache of apps is also managed under Other. Here it helps to delete the associated app and reinstall it immediately. For example, if you listen to a lot of music or podcasts over the mobile data network, briefly remove your playback app and reinstall it.
The "other" storage space can also be released reliably via a backup. While this takes some effort, it is the most effective way of clearing up iPhone storage:
- To do this, first connect your iPhone to the PC / Mac and start iTunes or the Finder.
- Select the iPhone.
- Have a backup of your iPhone made on this computer / Mac.
- Activate the setting Encrypt local backupto get passwords.
- When the backup is done, disconnect your iPhone from the computer.
- Reset the iPhone from the iOS settings.
- In the factory state, you reconnect it to your computer.
- Restore the backup you just created using iTunes or the Finder.
Outsource apps and force cleanup
If you don't use an app very often, but don't want to delete it completely, you can temporarily outsource the relevant applications. The app files are removed from the iPhone, but personal settings and data are retained. To do this, proceed as follows:
- Go to the settings of your iPhone.
- Select the section Generally out.
- Open the overview for the iPhone storage.
- Here you can find recommendations the option Outsource apps.
- Tap Activateto automatically remove unneeded apps temporarily.
- Alternatively, you can manually select the relevant applications from the list below. The option can be found in the corresponding app overview Outsource the app.
In order to use the app again in the future, you have to reinstall it via the app store.
Tip: If your iPhone memory is permanently too small, you will find cheap offers for a new iPhone with more gigabytes of capacity in the DEINHANDY shop.
More tips on cleaning up
To save storage space, you have a few more setting options:
- If you download media for offline use, lower the quality in the settings of the corresponding app. The picture is a little more blurred and the sound less clear, but less data is stored in the iPhone memory.
- Regularly delete media files that you receive via WhatsApp and Co. WhatsApp can be set so that pictures are not automatically downloaded to the device and clog the memory.
- Store photos and other personal files in iCloud. You will find the i option in the iCloud Photo Library settingsOptimize phone storage. New photos from the iPhone are saved in high resolution in the iCloud, while only a smaller, space-saving version is retained on the iOS device.
- Also empty the order Last deleted in the Photos app. Deleted images are kept here for 30 days.
- In the advanced settings of the mail app you will also find the trash with deleted mails. These messages will also continue to drain the memory a few weeks after they have been deleted if they are not manually removed from the iPhone.
- Elsewhere we have tips for you on how to expand the iPhone memory without a memory card.
- What is 12 3 1
- How safe is Brooklyn College
- Who is your favorite Doctor Who regeneration
- What is the deterioration of Ghanaian culture
- What is the uncus in the brain
- Strong accounts are required for a certification authority
- Corruption is an integral part of the human constitution
- What is the name of a new, unused stamp
- Grow cane flowers
- Insurance is the most profitable industry
- What are some habits to be attractive
- Why was Eric Trump addressed in public
- Can an orthodontist test for oral cancer
- What is Area 51 is Bomber
- What is extreme skydiving
- Is a good translation of
- Who lends money to governments
- Is Yadiyurappa a good CM
- Are YouTubers worse than reality TV stars
- What's your rating of Ultherapy
- Why do people keep abusing power?
- Can Siri make calls
- How does the Harrier Jump Jet float
- How can I access my subconscious
- Which is the largest area in Pune
- When did Poseidon die?
- What are the best VCs in France
- What does a woman wear
- Where can I find Hinterwaldler videos
- Why is Google not giving feedback
- Why do many villains come from heroes
- What are historical resources