Are religious organizations in India tax exempt
Mosque tax: Does the tax fit with Islam?
The Berlin mosque founder Seyran Ateş does not think it is a good idea to declare the existing associations to be corporations under public law. In these there are often enough activities that allow the protection of the constitution to take action, she said on ARDMorning magazine. She pleads for a better solution: One of the five pillars of Islam is the so-called Zakat, said Ateş. This compulsory social contribution amounts to 2.5 percent of that part of the income that is not needed for subsistence. The zakat could be collected by the Islamic associations themselves.
Mazyek from the Central Council of Muslims also refers to the zakat. This does not necessarily have to be collected by the state, a foundation is also conceivable. But if the state helps with the organization, it is not bad.
Mazyek sees practical problems with the introduction of a mosque tax modeled on the church tax: In Islam, believers are not automatically members of the mosque community to which they feel they belong. The organizational structures are much looser. For example, you can also make use of social or religious services without officially belonging to a particular community, explains Mazyek. The number of members is usually much lower than the number of believers who regularly visit a particular mosque. In case of doubt, only the members are affected by a tax. The fact that many believers are nowhere registered as members makes it difficult - in addition to political prejudices - to recognize mosque associations as religious communities and thus as corporations under public law, says Mazyek.
- How to say fire in Latin
- Why does India not have young executives?
- How do we change this world
- What are the best government jobs
- What does Tyler Joseph's X Tatto mean
- What is the IBM product mix
- How many MCU movies have you seen
- What is your favorite Tamil song
- There is a free doctor's hotline
- How do I start my acting career
- What are some unnecessarily detailed Wikipedia articles
- Are guys really easy as they say
- What are the sunniest cities in Washington
- What are tooth-split belts made of
- Sexual desires increase with age
- It is worth buying a Honda Navi
- Who developed SQL
- How to distinguish e sin x
- Is Diigo the best bookmarking website
- How competitive is automotive design
- What is cloud operation
- What is a double bill
- What is the secret behind India's booming economy
- Genetic is a short temper
- What is made of wrought iron
- What made Aquaman a good film
- What is it to understand God
- What is plant pathology
- Where does Willy Wonka come from
- How has IBM changed since its inception
- What is a dotard
- Union Pacific is a monopoly
- All e-cigs are the same
- What is your favorite red table wine