Is fig a conifer or deciduous tree
The real Fig tree or Ficus carica describes a genus within the mulberry family and originally comes from Southwest Asia. Today fig trees are cultivated on a large scale throughout the Mediterranean, Australia, New Zealand, the United States, Africa and China, with the largest harvests being recorded in Turkey and Greece. The fig tree also grows in many parts of Germany and Austria, where there is a mild climate and viticulture is also practiced.
The fig tree is a shrub or medium-sized tree with thick and strong branches. All species, whether wild or cultivated, have the sap cells characteristic of the genus Ficus. The goat fig and cultivated fig have developed from the original forms in cultivation. Depending on the climatic zone in which the fig tree grows, it is either deciduous or even evergreen in subtropical regions.
The fig tree has up to twenty centimeters long, three- to five-lobed, irregularly toothed leaves with a rough surface and softly hairy underside. The small, hidden flowers develop a juicy, fleshy inflorescence from which the purple, brown or green figs develop in three generations in summer, autumn and winter. These are aggregate fruits, which means that they consist of many tiny stone fruits that are surrounded by a reddish or golden yellow pulp. Figs are popular all over the world and inspire with their sweet, highly aromatic taste and their high mineral content.
For fertilization, the fig tree needs the so-called fig gall wasp, the larvae of which grow in the female blossom of the longhorned fig and pollinate the male blossoms of the cultivated fig with the pollen taken on leaving. Basically, new varieties produce fruits even without this unique pollination method, but these do not contain any seeds. Seedless figs are only marketed as fresh fruit, while seed fruits are usually used for drying.
- Men should shave their armpits
- How long is the average song
- How to say fire in Latin
- What are the benefits of playing squash
- When is 0 any
- What is the full form of YCMOU
- Why would anyone only watch violent films
- What is the biggest wave that has ever surfed?
- What are the sources for collective bargaining
- What is the spiritual meaning of birds
- Which GoPro is the best for underwater
- How do I post comments on Quora
- What is it like to live in Gozo?
- When are higher derivatives used?
- Should we all ban advertising Why
- Tupac was depressed
- What do translation services mean in libraries
- Why are degrees in the liberal arts still important
- How to say threat in Punjabi
- What is recursion in Java
- Which gender is more diligent
- Are airports federally owned
- Can Bitcoin Mining Still Be Profitable?
- Is C3R treatment safe?
- What is Spotify's library size per country
- How to deal with boastful friends
- RBI Grade B officers are exalted employees
- How well INTPs can remember faces
- What do you call this organic compound
- What is the need for oxidation number
- Is titanium cut and impact resistant
- Should morning prayers be done in schools
- Is spirogyra unicellular or multicellular
- Why do people in Berlin wear black