What is euro short for?
The euro is a currency, a type of money that is used in the European Union. 19 EU countries have the euro as their currency. They form the so-called euro zone.
The euro is not a currency of a specific country, but was invented by the EU so that you don't always have to exchange money when traveling to other countries. Before that, every country had its own currency. In Germany there was the Deutsche Mark, in Austria you paid with the shilling.
The euro was introduced in 1999. At first, however, the countries only used the euro in trading transactions. The euro has only existed as real money since 2002. In 1999, eleven countries had the euro, including Germany, Belgium, France, Italy and Austria. Later, more and more countries in the EU adopted the euro, 19 until today. Countries like Denmark or Sweden do not have it to this day, although they are in the EU. In six small countries that do not belong to the EU, however, you pay in euros, for example in Andorra and the Vatican.
There are euro coins and euro bills. One euro is 100 cents. There are coins of 1, 2 and 5 cents. They are small and copper-colored. Coins of 10, 20 and 50 cents are slightly larger and golden. 1 and 2 euro coins are two-colored, namely gold and silver. Euro notes are available for 5, 10, 20, 50, 100, 200 and 500 euros.
On the face of the coins you can always see a map of Europe and a number of how much the coin is worth. The reverse side varies from country to country. The notes represent buildings of different architectural styles from history. The 50-euro note, for example, shows buildings from the Renaissance. These architectural styles were common in many countries and are intended to show what Europe has in common.
- Why don't we use microprocessors in supercomputers
- What is destroying the ozone layer
- Which books inspired you to write?
- Is the law a punishment for our sins?
- Astrophysics is just a jumble of words
- What does probabilistic mean
- How bad is wisdom toothache
- Should I install iOS 12?
- How do I get a transfer in infosys
- Which flavors go best with matcha
- Means OG Original
- What is ammunition
- What is DMET
- What do you think of Nancy Drew
- Which engineering industry has evergreen employment opportunities?
- Is college funding for the senior year project
- What is Raquo in HTML
- What is software reusability
- What is the limitation of hydropower
- How does commercial media advertising work
- Which functions can be added to WhatsApp
- What are natural disaster problems in Colorado
- Can a cardiologist go on vacation
- Why is chalk left on the blackboard?