Why was leg grips banned in judo?
What is the name of this takedown / throw?
Wrestling firefighters wear
It sounds like you're talking about a variation on the wrestling firefighter's carry. I'm not sure if actually picking up the opponent in wrestling changes the classification. The instructor in this video definitely cancels himself completely in one example, but appears to go straight to the victim in another.
Judo uki waza or yoko otoshi (formal), kata guruma (informal)
In judo this was called Kata Guruma. However, if you are using a sacrificial technique, it is not the current formal classification. For understanding the arcane formal judo classification is Kodokan Judo: Throwing Techniques by Toshiro Daigo, Kodansha, Tokyo, Japan 2005 the best source. Toshiro Daigo, the current head of the Kodokan, said a victim in the Kata Guruma position would be either Uki Waza or Yoko Otoshi.
Daigo p. 232 discusses "Uki-Waza from the form of Kata Guruma":
According to a study by the Kodokan Waza Research Institute (April 1, 1997) it was decided that this technique is related to Uki-Waza and not to Kata-Guruma, since the concept of throwing is based on the principle of Yoko-Sutemi. Waza [side sacrificial technique].
Daigo p. 235:
It is extremely difficult to clarify the differences between these techniques [yoko otoshi and uki waza] and it is a matter for the judges.
The judo throw classification points can be quite complicated and opaque. I would recommend not investing too deeply in understanding current Kodokan thinking about the differences between Uki Waza and Yoko Otoshi. In daily use, I would also expect this to be called Kata Guruma, as it is in the linked YouTube video, as the official word for it only dates back to 1997.
- What are soft metals
- Will PS4 cameras work with PS4 VR?
- How did you practice the Royal Enfield
- Is it Safe to Use App Cloner?
- Was or is Japan an empire
- How can a math phobia love math
- Can we eat rudraksha fruits
- Why can't helicopters travel transatlantic?
- How many electrons take up in an orbital
- How can cucumber slices affect puffy eyes
- Who discovered the art of crocheting
- How can I apply for an IGNOU internship
- Which second largest state has NRIs
- What does a higher depreciation mean?
- Customers want personalization
- Which IIT is best for chemistry
- What is auto focus camera
- What did teachers do that frustrated you
- Are there psychological reasons for over-thinkers
- How can I stop sneezing at night?
- How do I choose my collage
- What is the carbonaro effect
- Why are Arab horses valued
- How does Hillary Clinton dress