Where are chihuahuas the most popular dog
The most popular dog breeds 2020
In the age group of 18 to 29 year olds, the French bulldog has been the favorite so far. This year, however, the Labrador has the edge, which is why the French Bulldog has to be content with second place.
The generations agree on first place with the Labrador and third place with the Chihuahua. However, some races reveal great differences in the preferences of different generations. While the French Bulldog secures the silver medal in the younger age group, it does not even land in the top 10 for dog owners over 55 years of age, but the Jack Russell secures second place in the over 55 year olds. Likewise, the Australian Shepherd is only in the top 5 places among 18 to 29 year olds.
The Yorkshire Terrier can also win favor with those over 55. He is in the top 5 in this age group. In the youngest generation and 30 to 55 year olds, the good-natured four-legged friend already falls out of the top 10.
In addition to the Labrador and the Chihuahua, the generations also agree with the Jack Russell - all three breeds make it into the top 5 in all groups.
Most popular dog breeds in major German cities
There is a unanimous favorite among the five major cities with the most dog liability insurance policies. Whether Berlin, Hamburg, Cologne, Hanover or Munich, the most popular dog breed is the Labrador. There is also agreement with the French bulldog on second place. In Berlin, Hamburg, Hanover and Munich, the Chihuahua is in third place, whereas in Cologne the Golden Retriever is in third place.
- Top dog breeds in Berlin: 1. Labrador, 2. French Bulldog, 3. Chihuahua
- Top dog breeds in Hamburg: 1. Labrador, 2. French Bulldog, 3. Chihuahua
- Top dog breeds in Cologne: 1. Labrador, 2. French Bulldog, 3. Golden Retriever
- Top dog breeds in Munich: 1. Labrador, 2. French Bulldog, 3. Chihuahua
- Top dog breeds in Hanover: 1. Labrador, 2. French Bulldog, 3. Chihuahua
City, country, dog?
A look at the urban-rural distribution of the six most popular dog breeds in Germany shows that dogs are more likely to be encountered in the country than in the city. In total, almost two thirds of the dogs live in the country.
These numbers are also reflected in the distribution of the Labrador, the undisputed favorite of the Germans. 68 percent of all Labradors frolic in rural meadows, while the remaining 32 percent enjoy themselves in the dog parks in German cities. The same trend can be seen in almost all dog breeds from the top 6. The lively Australian Shepherd, on the other hand, is mainly represented in the country due to its size.
Master against mistress
Men and women initially agree on the most popular breed of dog. Both sexes give their first place to the Labrador.
Differences in taste are evident in the remaining podium places. In the men's category, the French Bulldog received the silver medal and the Jack Russell Terrier the bronze medal. In the women’s category, the Chihuahua takes second place and the French Bulldog third.
In ninth and tenth place, the same races are again represented for both sexes - but in a different order. In the women’s category, the dachshund is ninth and the Maltese is tenth. It is exactly the other way around with men.
Overall, there is therefore a clear match between the two sexes.
Download: The complete info graphic as PNG
Changes over the years
A look back at the past few years shows that German dog owners have been quite sure for a few years: their heart belongs primarily to the Labrador, followed by the French bulldog and the Chihuahua.
In the following places, however, there are always changes. The Havanese lost three positions and thus dropped out of the top 10.
The big loser in this year's ranking is Bolonka Zwetna, which has slipped six places down. The Jack Russell Terrier, who made it from sixth place to fourth, can look forward to it.
|race||Rank 2020||Rank 2019||Rank 2018||Rank 2017||Rank 2016||Rank 2015||Rank 2014|
|Labrador||1 -||1 -||1 -||1 -||1 -||1 -||1|
|French bulldog||2 -||2 -||2 -||2 -||2 -||2↑||3|
|Chihuahua||3 -||3 -||3 -||3 -||3↑||4 -||4|
|Jack Russell Terrier||4 ↑||6 ↓||4 -||4 -||4 ↓||3 ↓||2|
|Golden retriever||5↓||4↑||5 -||5 -||5 -||5 ↑||6|
|Australian Shepherd||6 ↓||5 ↑||7 ↓||6↑||7 -||7 -||7|
|German shepherd dog||7 -||7 ↓||6↑||7 ↓||6 -||6 ↓||5|
|Border collie||8↑||12 -||12↓||10↑||12↑||13↓||12|
Compare dog liability and dog health insurance and save
Regardless of the breed of your loyal companion, all dogs have one thing in common: They need the right insurance coverage. There is always a risk of your dog causing harm, injuring himself or getting sick.
As a dog owner, you can optimally protect yourself as a dog owner with dog liability insurance and dog health insurance. With the help of the comparison calculator from CHECK24 you can compare numerous tariffs of different insurance companies. You can save up to 82 percent on dog health insurance and up to 80 percent on dog liability insurance.
- How dangerous are rattlesnakes with Eastern diamonds
- Where do we get all interview questions from?
- Why are the Indian roads badly maintained?
- WeWork has big competitors
- Long distance online relationships should be trustworthy
- What is half of Frac 70 70
- Are monkeys endangered
- How many matches are left for RCB?
- Why can't I work smart?
- How is the nightlife in San Francisco
- Who was Shankhchuda
- How does the Amazon refund work
- What is pyrolysis oil application
- What is half com
- How does Streptococcus aureus form a biofilm
- What is a medical group
- How was your experience with IKEA
- What is X 2 x 3 1
- Does the Czech Republic like the US
- Where do supermodels party in Tokyo
- Intermittent fasting reduces lower abdominal fat
- How do I get international return postage
- Is CITD the best
- Was President Obama a particularly Hawk interventionist?
- What is the name of a new, unused stamp
- Can you explain methods in Java
- What was Starbucks worst decision
- How can I make money with 1
- What are house stones made of
- Who are the inventors of the WWW
- Why are some French restaurants called brasseries
- Hawaii is considered a barrier island