How can I become a slim consultant
How to stay slim in old age - the 5 best tips!
Of course, you also want to look good in old age. Being slim is the ideal of our society, by which we let ourselves be strongly influenced. But what actually happens to our body in old age? How do diets or other methods of fasting affect a body that is no longer young? Is it at all advisable to burden one's body with diets in old age? We give answers.
- The body changes with age
- Relieve discomfort through the right diet
- Our 5 tips to stay fit and slim even in old age
What applies to young people is also an issue for older people: many consider a slim figure to be desirable. After all, having a normal weight is good for your health and wellbeing. It is always trendy to be slim in old age. So far so good. But it is also a fact that our bodies are changing. Even in our early twenties, we need fewer calories because muscle mass is continuously decreasing. Pregnancies can also add extra pounds. Almost every tenth woman becomes overweight after having children. Often marriage or partnership also makes you sluggish, which leads to the accumulation of extra pounds. The incentive to look good in the partnership market is no longer there because you're in firm hands. In addition, more is often eaten together with the partner. It tastes better when you're in a relationship. Enjoyment gets - in the truest sense of the word - more weight.
If you have passed 50, you will notice at the latest that losing weight becomes more difficult as you get older. The reason for this is obvious. The basal metabolic rate of calories has decreased imperceptibly over the years, but has steadily decreased. Many also exercise less as they get older. Those who continue to eat as they did when they were young, but no longer do sports, will gain weight now. The result: almost 65 percent of people over 50 are overweight. In addition, there are health problems with the joints such as osteoarthritis or the like, whereby movement causes pain. That is why you move even less and get caught in a vicious circle of too little exercise and too high a calorie intake.
Menopause also affects metabolism and fat distribution in the body. What previously only accumulated on the buttocks and hips is now also accumulated in the abdominal region. An increasing waist size is not only a visual flaw, it also means more health risks in this area of the body. Because: Belly fat releases fatty acids into the blood, which in turn puts a strain on the liver. Fat in the thighs and hips, on the other hand, has less influence on the blood, liver and thus on, for example, cholesterol levels.
Relieve discomfort through the right diet
With all the striving for a slim body, one must always bear in mind that “strict” diets have a different effect on an older body than on a young one. Even at a young age, radical fasting is unhealthy, but not dangerous. However, this is the case with losing weight in old age, because the body absorbs less nutrients from food anyway. If vital nutrients, vitamins and trace elements are deliberately withheld from them, this can quickly lead to an undersupply. Another problem: the body loses important muscle mass with the wrong diet and does not burn fat as much as a young body. The consequence is that frailty and vulnerability increase with age. The bone density also decreases in this context. People become more insecure on their feet and have to hold on more often and orientate themselves.
In men, rapid weight loss in midlife can become a problem as they age. It is possible that the likelihood of vascular disease and heart attacks will increase as an immediate consequence. That is why you should consume enough protein and eat a lot of vegetables and fruits so that the stomach is still well filled with low calorie intake.
Our 5 tips to stay fit and slim even in old age:
- Tip: Avoid radical or one-sided diets. You shouldn't believe the advertising of “miracle diets” such as the “watermelon diet” or “grapefruit diet”. This is nothing more than unhealthy malnutrition. Rather, rely on diets that evaluate dishes based on their nutritional content and focus on a varied and balanced diet.
- Tip: Make sure that you are always comfortable and that you drink a lot while you are dieting. This promotes detoxification and digestion in our body.
- Tip: It is better to change your diet than to leave out things you like completely. Incorporate more vegetables and fruits, eat less sugar and drink less alcohol. This often leads to very good results over a longer period of time and is healthier than a diet high in meat, carbohydrates and sugar.
- Tip: Be sure to coordinate with your family doctor and / or a diet specialist. This gives you important information about dangers or particularly suitable diets. In addition, your diet is properly monitored.
- Tip: Even if the bones are increasingly painful: move as far as you can. Even small but regular walks are more efficient than going to the gym once a week.
Losing weight with age means that valuable muscle mass disappears. Here lies the risk of becoming more frail and insecure and not only losing weight, but also losing health and quality of life. It is important to avoid malnutrition and to ensure that not necessarily a lot less, but the right thing is eaten. Regular and smaller exercise units are more important than sport, which only takes place once a week.
- How did seafarers use dead reckoning
- Why can't magnetic field deflect static charges?
- Is film art or design
- What is the procedure to get married
- Is sea water suitable for drinking
- What does an IQ of 152 mean?
- Why was WBUT renamed to MAKAUT
- What if monkeys were gods?
- How can we drift in space
- Can I use Nivea cream for reasons of fairness
- America is a real friend of India
- How is the relationship between Thanos and Ronan
- Where is this Iceland
- Why mass production is cheap
- What are milliliters used to measure
- Who was the first inventor in the world
- Can you operate on my spine somehow?
- Why is Lord Krishna called Gopal
- Why is the Philippine eagle endangered
- Can Xanax that got wet still work?
- Is our consciousness biased
- What is BSN
- Will influencer marketing replace advertising
- Was Dragon Ball Super a failure