What is PIH
Acne: scars and overpigmentation
Inflammation-related overpigmentation (post-inflammatory hyperpigementation, PIH) is caused by pigment deposits in the context of skin inflammation. Treatment includes avoiding UV light and consistent light protection with a broad-spectrum light protection product. PIH are usually difficult to treat. In practice, combinations with active ingredients from different points of attack have proven successful.
Topical therapies can influence pigment formation in a number of ways. Various substances with different effects and tolerability are used for this, e.g. azelaic acid, retinoids, N-acetyl-glucosamine (NAG), niacinamide, kojic acid and various herbal substances such as soy. The effectiveness of lasers or flash lamps cannot yet be conclusively assessed. Better results are achieved using so-called non-ablative fractionated photothermolysis. This involves laser targeted and controlled heating of microscopic skin areas while protecting the epidermis. The aim of this stimulus is to stimulate the skin's ability to regenerate.
Chemical peels have also proven their worth. They remove the top layer of skin (stratum corneum) and accelerate the penetration of the bleaching agent. Very superficial or superficial glycolic acid peels can be used as additional treatments with little risk. However, their effect on dark skin types and deeply located pigment is limited. The use of salicylic acid peels should be considered here.
- What is Spotify's library size per country
- Why should I join MVIT
- Whose NBA career was better
- What is the percentile score
- What is the russian word for start?
- How strong is the Trafalgar D water law
- What is this bash profile
- What does life mean for 1
- What is utopian and dystopian
- What is the reason why people dance
- Does God really care about people
- Asia What drives the Asian tech industry
- How is Stanford so good at sports
- Why do people keep abusing power?
- What can you feed Plecos
- What is the height of the French hypocrisy
- Is the RuPay payment option safe
- What is life like without social network connectivity
- How are coding bootcamps rated?
- How does neuroscience affect education
- Who is Candace Owens
- What role should men play in feminism?
- Armenians visit Ani these days
- What does a ciliated epithelial cell do