What is the theorem of leggetts
Physical debate about the direction of time: time vector and time travel
No matter how many clocks you look at: time only runs in one direction. (© SerrNovik / fotolia.com)
We can remember the past and influence the future - but not the other way around. Physicists around the world disagree about why this is so. Leggett's answer is based on what is known as the second law of thermodynamics. By definition, this main theorem deals primarily with the states of equilibrium of systems and with the processes that result in changes of a state between systems. To what extent this statement can be applied to the question of the fixed direction of time, Leggett explains in the video interview.
The print version of this text (pdf) can be found here.
Portrait of the researcher
Anthony Leggett is Professor of Physics at the University of Illinois at Urbana, USA. In 2003 he received the Nobel Prize in Physics for his findings in the field of superfluidity. Leggett was a guest at the Freiburg Institute for Advanced Studies (FRIAS) at the University of Freiburg in November 2010. In the 7th Hermann Staudinger Lecture he gave a lecture on the physical view of the phenomenon “time”. As part of the public Hermann Staudinger Lectures, Nobel Prize winners from all over the world are invited to a guest lecture in Freiburg.
to the top
- Should we all ban advertising Why
- What are some creative uses for wood
- Which alternative browsers are available on Android
- What is the 10th CBSE Class Merit List
- Why can't I defend myself?
- Why is my period 3 weeks
- What are Lacanian's psychoanalysis views on addiction
- Who is the best badminton player
- How can digital marketers strengthen domain authority
- Is bullet journaling good for ADHD
- Has anyone ever ridden a whale
- What are different types of carbon steel
- How can you secure your WordPress content
- Where did Paul Walker die?
- How does an engine work 5
- College psychologists take IQ tests
- What is the femoral artery pressure point
- Where does the Bugatti Veyron come from
- How do I check the website on google
- Why do we use stop signs
- How is Titanic the real movie
- How do I distribute an exponent
- How can I apply for an IGNOU internship
- Is my company website OK 1