Will bleach water go bad
Javel waterFabricsJavel water is an aqueous solution of potassium or sodium hypochlorite with an antimicrobial and bleaching effect. It is mainly used for cleaning, disinfection and cleaning. Javel water is very toxic to aquatic organisms, irritating and must not be mixed with acids.
Synonymous: Javel, Javelle water, Liquor natrii hypochlorosi, bleaching water, Eau de Javel, Eau de Labarraque, Candeggina, chlorinated water, bleaching liquor, chlorine bleaching liquorProducts
Javel water is available in grocery stores and specialist shops. The → Dakin solution is used for medical application.Structure and properties
In the narrower sense, Javel water is an aqueous solution of potassium hypochlorite (KClO). A sodium hypochlorite solution (NaClO) with the same properties as Javel water is usually sold on the market. It is a colorless to green-yellow liquid with a chlorine odor.Effects Areas of application
For surface disinfection, for bleaching, cleaning and cleaning (e.g. mold in the living room), for lightening the laundry, for cleaning wells.dosage
In a suitable dilution according to the manufacturer's instructions. Depending on the use, it must be left on for a few minutes so that it can develop its effects. Then rinse well with water or wipe off.Precautions
- Javel water is lovely
- Caution: Do not mix with acid, this creates poisonous chlorine gas!
- Wear rubber gloves
- First test the material compatibility. Javelwasser is not compatible with all materials (see instructions for use)
- Do not use for: silk, wool, elastane, colored laundry or leather. Javel water is suitable for bleaching cotton, but it can reduce its lifespan if it is used several times.
- Irritating to eyes and skin. Avoid contact with eyes and skin. In case of contact, wash out immediately with plenty of water. With the eyes: consult a doctor.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- do not inhale aerosol
The complete precautionary measures can be found in the leaflet for use.see also
Dakin solution → Medical applicationauthor
Conflicts of Interest: None / Independent. The author has no relationships with the manufacturers and is not involved in the sale of the products mentioned.
Support PharmaWiki with a donation!
© PharmaWiki 2007-2021 - PharmaWiki provides independent and reliable information about medication and health.
This article was last changed on 14.9.2018.
Imprint and data protection declaration
Show products for this page
- Which angles are bigger than right angles
- How much memory do PS5 games require
- Are copper sulfate crystals water-soluble
- Who invented the VHS?
- How to say everyone in Dutch
- What are the uses of ICs
- Why is the vital capacity increased through training?
- What is a table of contents
- How can Foursquares explore the system
- Why don't hypnotists get rich
- What is the quantum dot
- How do I overcome reluctance
- Is it legal to steal fruit stickers
- How can I get Photoshop for free
- Any element can be called organic
- What is the importance of event logistics
- How can a star fruit kill you
- Which topic can I take as an award?
- What makes white lions white
- What is the difference between Bosniak and Bosnian
- How big is a 0201 resistance
- Infinity can be negative
- Multiple inheritance is supported in PHP
- Which is better Brahmos or Amraam