Why is employee recognition important 3
Top priority: 28 sentences to express appreciation
- A survey by CareerBuilder shows that employees want to be recognized for their work more often.
- Praising employees increases that Job satisfaction and reinforces the Employee retention.
- You should be your co-workers weekly praise.
According to a CareerBuilder survey, 50% of employees believe that turnover would decrease if managers recognized their achievements more often.
That begs some obvious questions: Do you praise your employees for their good work? If so, how often? And if you work in a team, do you recognize your employees for their efforts?
We spend most of our time at work, but most of the time we treat each other like strangers. Verbal praise has become far too rare. But praise is a indispensable management tool. The companies in the Gallup study with the highest grade Employee motivation use recognition and praise as a powerful motivator to drive employee engagement.
The study found that employees who receive regular praise increased their individual productivity, received higher satisfaction ratings from customers, and were more likely to stay with their employer.
28 Ways to Praise & Build Employees
So what can you say specifically? Which words will put a smile on the face of your counterpart? How do you become the boss that employees really want?
Here are 28 ways to get around Appreciation, gratitude and encouragement to the people you work with every day.
1. Having you on this team makes a huge difference.
2. The work you have done to improve our customer reviews has been fantastic!
3. It's inspiring to see how you help new hires bring themselves up to date.
4. The way you mastered last week's crisis with your calm demeanor was a game change.
5. You are so refreshing to work with.
6. I am always impressed with your results!
7. I love how you handled this customer!
8. What you have brought to this department over the past three months has been invaluable.
9. You know your role is important to our success. Without you, we cannot improve any further.
10. Thank you for always having your say in team meetings when no one else does.
11. I'm grateful that you did the extra work when no one else agreed to do it.
12. Thank you for always being ready to help us.
13. You really made a huge difference here and I am grateful that you are part of this team.
14. You've done more than enough this week. Please take the rest of the day off.
15. Thanks for being so flexible. I couldn't have done it without you.
16. You were instrumental in keeping the company from losing one of its best customers.
17. Just when I thought your job couldn't get any better, you go for this! Thanks!
18. Do not worry. I trust your judgment to make this decision.
19. I admire your great attitude - even in this tough phase.
20. I know how difficult this project is, but I just can't imagine working without you.
21. What can i do to help?
22. Thanks for being so flexible.
23. Is there anything any of us can do to help?
24. You are one of the most reliable employees I have ever had. I believe in you.
25. Despite your loss, I was blown away by your work ethic this week.
26. You know that we are there for you. Ask us anything that is on your mind.
27. I just want to let you know how much you mean to the team.
28. That was my fault.
Of course, these sentences are useless without context. Employees feel valued when they notice that Sincere praise is and really attached to a certain achievement or one good result is linked. The more specifically you emphasize what you are grateful for, the more meaningful the praise.
EXTRA: Employee Motivation - A Little Guide
This article was written in English by Marcel Schwantes and on December 18, 2017 on inc.com released. We have translated it for you so that we can exchange ideas with our readers on relevant topics!
- Why are people so against immigration?
- Surrogacy should be allowed
- Does juggling a soccer ball improve dribbling
- What does internetworking
- What is the most common mental disorder
- What defines me the most
- Why do people collect pens
- What is Clinton MS known for
- Who offers sales advice in Ahmedabad
- Is an HOA a profitable business?
- What could that mean
- How do you lose your respect
- Should I update to iOS 11 1
- What is the Russian word for stress
- When do banks process money
- Is SFU kinesiology good
- What does an LPN do
- How can our community be developed
- Good startup friendly patent attorneys in Mumbai
- What's interesting about math
- What was considered the dark age
- Which scene film is that from
- Can our society go vegan?
- How do astrologers make money