Our seasons are shifting
Climate change and its consequences
The climate change is now so clear that the first effects on nature can be seen. The growth phases are getting longer and the spring begins much earlier.
Since 1961, the vegetation period, i.e. the time of year in which plants grow, bloom and fruit, has been extended by around two weeks in our country. Snowdrops, which mark the beginning of early spring, bloom on average three days earlier per decade. The same applies to the apple blossom, which indicates the beginning of full spring. The beginning of spring and summer is shifted forward around 2.5 days per decade across Europe as well.
Since 1961, the snowdrops have bloomed around two weeks earlier on average.
In autumn, however, no significant trend in one direction can be observed. While in spring the temperature has a strong effect on nature, this is weaker or not as clear in autumn. The weather in the summer months plays a decisive role here. But diseases and pests also have a major influence on the beginning of the leaf color and thus on the beginning of autumn.
The apple blossom and thus full spring also begins around three days earlier every decade. Data: German Weather Service
How the shift in the seasons affects animals and plants has so far only been partially clarified. For example, while some species of birds benefit from the early onset of spring, others suffer as a result. In particular, the finely tuned interplay of plant pollination could get out of hand in the future and have a drastic effect on the population development of certain plants and animals.
- Who designed the new Indian banknotes
- What sound makes your ears bleed
- Marries a prince of ordinary people
- What is automation and robotics
- Who is better than Neymar or Mbappe
- What is the worst hotel in Tangier
- Where can I find or download QBasic
- What is made of wrought iron
- You can take Adderall and Amoxicillin together
- How is salt not poisonous
- Is QA engineer post includes automation testing
- What is an Italian cheesecake
- How does the handwriting analysis work
- What started NGOs
- Which professional careers include art and computers
- How will the USA fall?
- What is pyrolysis What is an example
- What is ammunition
- What's your proudest college achievement
- The PlayStation Pro requires an internet connection
- Arrogance is always a sign of immaturity
- Why is it raining 1
- What do conservatives take for granted?
- How unhealthy is JUULing