Amoebiasis is contagious through saliva
Amebiasis: spread and transmission of the infection
Amoebic dysentery - the medical term is amebiasis - is a diarrheal disease that is particularly widespread in areas with poor hygiene. You can find out more about the transmission and spread of the infectious disease here.
Amebiasis is transmitted by unicellular organisms
Amebiasis is caused by the pathogen Entamoeba histolytica, a protozoan that moves itself with the help of pseudopods. The infection is usually transmitted via contaminated drinking water or contaminated food, as the Center for Sexual Health Rostock reports.
The pathogen occurs in two variants: the Minuta- and the Magnaform. Minute forms nestle in the large intestine and form cysts there, which are then excreted in the stool.
The insidious thing: the cysts are environmentally resistant, so they can remain infectious for a long time outside the body as long as the environment is sufficiently moist. Occasionally, minute forms in the body also transform into magna forms, which lead to the outbreak of amoebic dysentery.
Amebiasis - A Sexually Transmitted Disease?
Amebiasis is also a sexually transmitted disease, although transmission through food and drinking water is far more common. Amoebas can be transmitted during oral-anal intercourse, for example through the use of shared sex toys such as dildos or through smear infection, as the Center for Sexual Health further informs.
In which countries is amoebic dysentery common?
Amoebic dysentery is common worldwide, but is most common in tropical regions. Hygienic conditions, population density and income levels play a major role in the infection rate, as reported by the "Apotheken Umschau". People in developing countries, where sewage and groundwater mix and are used as drinking water, are particularly affected by the infection.
Often the sexually transmitted disease is common in humid areas such as port cities and coastal regions. According to the "Apotheken Umschau", there are high infection rates on the west coast of Africa and the coast of northern Brazil, but also in slum areas in Bangladesh and India.
Important NOTE: The information in no way replaces professional advice or treatment by trained and recognized doctors. The contents of t-online cannot and must not be used to independently make diagnoses or start treatments.
- What does the geocaching app do
- How can you spend money from Venmo
- What does the electromagnetic field of our body do
- Where in mountains should I get lost?
- What is Earl DMX Simmons famous for
- Why is Keith Moon such a legend
- When did you move to California?
- What do you think of Niklas Sule
- Which hedge funds invest in startups
- What is Ronnie James Dio famous for
- Who is really the Grim Reaper
- What are some smartphones optimized for games
- How is a BB weapon made
- How do you beat Barcelona
- Will Quora ever do a lite version?
- What is a proxy host
- Justin Bieber's voice moves you
- How do people work during chemotherapy
- What types of fumigation processes are there
- Manu was the first man on earth
- Are VoIP phones healthier than landlines?
- Missiles will replace standard artillery
- Why are convertible cars not famous in India
- Password managers are not hackable
- Can wear warm skin tones cool lipstick
- Have free websites
- What does it mean to conceptualize something
- Is Turkey in the Middle East tension
- Why does my pregnant cat keep meowing
- Let yourself be surprised by disappointment
- IMessage has an API
- Which is older Mario or Luigi
- Decorate before installing a kitchen
- Are you homesick for England?