How is cell health maintained
Measure the immune system
Because the immune system is made up of so many different components that all cooperate with one another, there is no single measurement that can be used to measure the state and performance of the immune system.
The leukocyte count is determined for every small blood count, but if the number is too high or too low, no details about the immune system can be seen, but rather indications that serious illnesses are actually present.
Low values can occur with cancer, viral infections, autoimmune diseases or when taking some medications (anti-rheumatic drugs, some antibiotics and some painkillers). High values for bacterial infections or leukemia. The levels of leukocytes can also rise when taking cortisone preparations or anti-epilepsy drugs, just as if you smoke, are pregnant or are chronically stressed.
A special test can examine how high the proportion of T lymphocytes, B lymphocytes or natural killer cells is in the blood. But this test is only done if relevant diseases are suspected.
But now you could have your intestinal flora status examined, since the intestinal flora has such a great influence on the immune system and a very large part of the immune system is known to be located in the intestine.
In any case, it is worthwhile - even without a prior test - to strengthen the immune system:
Strengthen the immune system
If you do not feel so well, if you are chronically ill or if you are particularly susceptible to infections, you can strengthen your immune system. You learned above how numerous the components of the immune system are, so that there are also numerous measures and options for strengthening the immune system.
The supply of vital substances is particularly important, because no matter whether killer cells or B lymphocytes, whether intestinal mucosa or intestinal flora - they all need vitamins, minerals and trace elements. Therefore, make sure that you are well supplied with all vital substances and that you regularly do a colon cleanse.
Probiotics can also be taken to strengthen the immune system, as they stabilize the intestinal barrier, restore the healthy pH value in the intestine, increase mucus production, promote the proper function of tight junctions, activate immune cells and reduce their allergic reaction to food (3, 5, 7).
You can find many more tips in our article on Boosting Your Immune System Naturally.
Your donation helps us
If you enjoyed this article, we would appreciate a small contribution to our work! Donate now with Paypal.
Distance training to become a holistic nutritionist
Are you interested in what's in our food and want to know how nutrients and vital substances affect the body? Do you want a healthy life for yourself, your family and fellow human beings? Nutritionists are popular - but the holistic aspect that is needed for sustainable health is often forgotten when giving advice. At the Academy of Naturopathy, you will get to know the connections between lifestyle and diet as well as physical and psychological well-being.
That educates interested people like you in around 16 months to become a holistic nutritionist out.
Is this article worth reading?
Share this article
- (1) Braun J, Thiel A et al., Presence of SARS-CoV-2 reactive T cells in COVID-19 patients and healthy donors, medRxiv 2020.04.17.20061440;
- (2) Bufe A, Peters M, Differences between child and adult immune systems, Experimental Pneumology, Ruhr University Bochum, Haut 2/2013
- (3) Bischoff S, Meuer S, The General Practitioner, 2012; (16) Pages 50-55
- (4) Nicholson LB. The immune system. Essays Biochem. 2016;60(3):275-301.
- (5) Childs CE, Calder PC, Miles EA. Diet and Immune Function. Nutrients. 2019; 11 (8): 1933. Published 2019 Aug 16.
- (6) Justice Vaillant AA, Sabir S, Jan A. Physiology, Immune Response. [Updated 2020 Sep 27]. In: StatPearls [Internet]. Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls Publishing; 2020 Jan
- (7) Wu D, Lewis ED, Pae M, Meydani SN. Nutritional Modulation of Immune Function: Analysis of Evidence, Mechanisms, and Clinical Relevance. Front Immunol. 2019; 9: 3160. Published 2019 Jan 15.
Notice on health issues
This information is passed to the best of my knowledge and belief. They are intended exclusively for those interested and for further training and are in no way to be understood as diagnostic or therapeutic instructions. We do not assume any liability for damages of any kind, which arise directly or indirectly from the use of the information. If you suspect illness, please consult your doctor or alternative practitioner
Subscribe to Newsletter
Exciting information about health and nutrition
1x per month
Login Successful. You will shortly receive a confirmation at the specified email address.
With your registration you allow the regular sending of the newsletter and accept the data protection regulations.
HEALTH CENTER © 2021 Neosmart Consulting AG. All rights reserved.
- All psychiatrists lie
- How do you pray God's promises
- What is Kim Carne's most successful song
- How does the United Nations implement decisions
- There are disadvantages to regular meditation
- What meat comes from sheep
- Which is the best website for downloading songs
- What is a btsnoop_hci protocol
- What are the top 10 EAMCET colleges
- Planets have their own light
- What food did the Navajo tribe eat
- Why do Celtic fans support Palestine
- Was the episode of John Oliver's Venezuela misleading
- How does Adderall XR treat anxiety
- Are there German-speaking people in Latin America
- Can PQWL12 be confirmed
- Have you ever lost a great woman?
- Bisleri is a brand based in India
- What are the main FinTech hubs
- What is vacuum 1
- How does the chain rule work in derivatives
- Is QA engineer post includes automation testing
- Will Doctor Strange return in Avengers Endgame
- What religion is god