The word Magnat is plural
Part of speech: noun, (male)Hyphenation:
- Ma | g | nat, Plural: Ma | g | na | ten
- IPA: [maˈɡnaːt]
- 1) Person with great economic power
- borrowed from Middle Latin in the 16th centurymagnas "Great, gentleman", a derivative too Latin magnus "large"
- 1) tycoon
- 1) Big landowners, big industrialists
- 1) Medium-sized companies
- 1) Magnate
- 1) Financial tycoon, money tycoon, real estate tycoon, industrial tycoon, coal tycoon, oil tycoon, steel tycoon, business tycoon
- 1) It is not always easy to stand up against the politicians Magnates from the oil and automotive industries.
- 1) “However, the majority of them found new opportunities to work and settle in the private towns and on the lands that the Polish Magnates founded during this time. "
- Magnate house
- Nominative: singular Magnate; Plural Magnates
- Genitive: singular Magnates; Plural Magnates
- Dative: singular Magnates; Plural Magnates
- Accusative: singular Magnates; Plural Magnates
- Esperanto: 1) magnato
Similar words (German):magnet
Practical example sentences
Automatically selected examples in German:
„In the current FOCUS online shopping deal, you can get the Magnate LRZ 980 reference headphones for cheap 69 euros including shipping.“
Focus Online, March 18, 2019
„In the current CHIP shopping deal * you will receive the Magnate LZR 568 Bluetooth headphones for low-cost 34.99 euros instead of 59.90 euros including shipping.“
CHIP Online, January 23, 2019
„Alexandre Magnate (Artist), Louis Denizet (Programmer), and Arthur dos Santos (Author) describe how they differed from Romantic artists such as Delacroix and 14th century French Gothic.“
4Players, October 17, 2018
„The Magnate is famous for his adventures that take him around the globe and his easygoing, mischievous manner. He once took a selfie with a Virgin employee whom he caught napping during work hours.“
Business Insider Germany, November 02, 2018
„Whether Mao or kings, presidents and Magnates let themselves be chauffeured in state limousines.“
autobild.de, November 20, 2018
„If you want to equip your apartment or house with WLAN speakers, take a look at the current offer at Media Markt. The electronics store currently offers a WLAN speaker from Magnate at a bargain price.“
netzwelt.de, March 19, 2020
„Ex-banker Babariko and his deputy Kolesnikowa found a party. This enters Belarus Magnate back to the plot, the arrest of which helped mobilize the opposition. By Jasper Steinlein.“
tagesschau.de, September 02, 2020
„He and his wife Magnate become parents. He also shared a cute picture of himself and his wife, on which he lovingly kisses the mini-ball.“
Klatsch-Tratsch.de, May 11, 2020
„The Magnate again stands on the balcony of his Casa de Boulette and looks in horror at what the people are doing down there.“
stern.de, June 21, 2020
„A YouTuber put the equivalent of 33,000 US dollars at an auction for the gold Magnate on the table.“
Gamezone, January 27, 2020
The usage examples were selected automatically and may therefore contain errors.
Thesaurus & Synonyms
- Large industrialist: Economy: owner of a very large company, a corporate empire
- Captain of industry
- Mogul: kPl. Indian ruler title; Bearer of the title mentioned below
- Oligarch: Member of a small group that has political power over a country or region
- Schlotbaron (Ruhrindustrie) (fig., Obsolete)
- Tycoon (japanese): Owner of a company with a major impact on the economy
- Business captain
Another word (synonym) for Magnat - Source: OpenThesaurus
Entries from our dictionary containing "Magnat":
pan: ... who has a property and / or estate and was formerly mostly noble: Lord, rich, magnate 5) Person who is at the head of the family, of the house: Lord, landlord ...
re:… Right, plural i right hyphenation: re, plural: re Word meaning / definition: 1) King 2) Magnate 3) Music: the (large, small, one, two, n-underlined) [d)] 4) Music: the second ...
magnet:… Turkish: 1) mıknatıs Vietnamese: 1) nam châm Kölsch: East Central German: Thuringian-Upper Saxon: spoken: Mangnet Similar words (German):…
karmazyn:… Meaning of the word / definition: 1) historical: member of the Polish aristocracy: aristocrat, magnate Related terms: 1) magnat opposing words: 1) szaraczek, szarak ...
Tycoon: Large industrialist, large entrepreneur, magnate, mogul General terms: 1) Entrepreneur Application examples: 1) The tycoon invested in new real estate
Rate & Share
Rate the dictionary entry or share it with friends.
Quote & print
Quote this page:
"Magnat" in the online dictionary Wortbedeutung.info (23.5.2021) URL: https://www.wortbedeutung.info/Magnat/
Comments from users
There are currently no comments on this entry.
Complete the dictionary entry
Wortscheutung.info is a Language dictionary and is used to look up all linguistic information. It's explicit not an encyclopedia and no subject dictionary that explains content. Add a note to the entry "Magnat". You can add application examples or hints to the use of the term "Magnat". This helps to improve our dictionary. Questions, requests for help and complaints are not welcome and will be deleted immediately. HTML tags are not allowed.
The following terms
Magnates (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Ma | g | na | ten Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [maˈɡnaːtn̩]…
magnesia (German) Part of speech: noun, (feminine) Cases: nominative: singular die Magnesia; Plural - genitive: singular of ...
Magnesia mortar (German) Part of speech: noun, (male) Cases: nominative: singular magnesia mortar Genitive: singular magnesia mortar…
Magnesia mortars (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Ma | g | ne | sia | mör | teln Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
Magnesia mortar (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Ma | g | ne | sia | mör | tels Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
Magnesite (German) Part of speech: noun, (male) Cases: nominative: singular magnesite; Plural magnesite genitive: singular ...
Magnesite (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Ma | g | ne | si | te Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [maɡneˈziːtə]…
Magnesites (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Ma | g | ne | si | ten Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [maɡneˈziːtn̩]…
Magnesite (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Ma | g | ne | sits Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [maɡneˈziːʦ]…
magnesium (German) Part of speech: noun, (neuter) cases: nominative: singular magnesium; Plural - genitive: singular ...
Magnesium atom (German) Part of speech: noun, (neuter) cases: nominative: singular magnesium atom; Plural magnesium atoms genitive: ...
- Your father loves you
- Justin Bieber's voice moves you
- Do you wear socks
- Mechanical cooling without refrigerant is possible
- YouTube video downloader for Android mobile
- How is ozone gas created
- Will Iran achieve regional hegemony?
- Cancer affects the eyes
- What is the difference between provolone and mozzarella?
- Supports HDMI 2 0 1080p 120Hz
- Why isn't all education open source?
- How are convex mirrors used?
- We live in a timeless reality
- What's so inspiring about Keanu Reeves
- Why is Kim Kardashian popular
- Why do birds migrate and why animals hibernate?
- Python loses its popularity
- How do I get a transfer in infosys
- Does the Koran incite violence?
- What do you think of Ukraine
- How does the vitamin requirement change with age?
- Why is biology so great
- Should the UK split up
- How is an Oklahoma City DUI calculated