Why are only a few French girls big
A girl: ARTE shows a documentary about a boy who feels like a girl
The French documentary "A Girl" is about Sasha. The child was born as a boy. Actually! But Sasha hated his penis very early on. And the fact that he would never have a baby. This is how mother Karine describes her offspring's dilemma to a psychologist. Or is it your own?
The director Sébastien Lifshitz followed Sasha's family for a year in everyday life in Laon, in the French department of Aisne. He filmed how tirelessly the parents and siblings try to create acceptance for Sasha. And that in an environment in which there is hardly any support for a small child who just wants to be how it feels inside.
"When I grow up, I'll be a girl!" That is Sasha's greatest wish. Within his own family, the seven-year-old has been wearing dresses since he was three. Among other things, in school he encounters a lack of understanding. And not just with other boys. Or with the girls of the same age who also consider him too feminine.
During an appointment with a pediatric psychiatrist in a hospital in Paris, mother Karine complained that she had been told by a second-grade teacher that Sasha would find her way back on the right track. In any case, a burden seems to weigh heavily on her. "I wished for a girl when I was pregnant," she admits. "I think it's my fault that Sasha's life is so complicated."
In Lifshitz's documentary, which has been awarded the "European Film Prize" and is filmed in a smooth fictional film look, the conflict within the thoroughly combative mother comes to the fore. On the other hand, the viewer usually only learns indirectly about her thoughts and feelings about Sasha herself, the little victim of a gender identity problem. This is a pity. Because in small moments the child shows very convincingly how well it can feel good. When, for example, it dances dreamily in a skirt and with butterfly wings on its back, all to itself and thus to its innermost being.
Source: teleschau - der mediendienst GmbH
- How will future iPhone designs be leaked
- Why do people touch a girl inappropriately
- What are shape memory alloys used for?
- Can a two-finger ulcer be completely cured
- What is it like to practice dudeism
- How can people read your mind
- Why are canvas shoes called that
- What is mass behavior in psychology
- Why was Path launched without Facebook integration
- Did privatization help Nigeria or did it fail?
- Do you feel bad for Elon Musk
- What do you think of Niklas Sule
- How good is the Iranian air defense
- Where in mountains should I get lost?
- How did the apostle Paul die
- There are billions in Norway
- May I get your autograph
- How do you say to try your hand at French
- Is the Mars Rover really dead?
- What insect can sing like a bird
- How does the GRE test work
- What are the latest innovations in marketing
- What's wrong with plane food
- What is free software for geotechnics