The ketogenic diet can be harmful
Ketogenic Diet: How Healthy is the Diet Trend?
Carbohydrates are not always unhealthy
Anyone dealing with the ketogenic diet must first understand what carbohydrates are and what their function is. “Carbohydrates are made up of sugar molecules,” explains the expert. “However, that doesn't mean that they always taste sweet.” In fact, there are three types of carbohydrates that differ in the number of sugar components:
- Simple sugars (monosaccharides)
They are the starting substances for all other carbohydrates, the most important representatives are grape sugar (glucose) and fruit sugar (fructose)
- Double sugar (disaccharides)
The best-known representatives of this group are table sugar (sucrose) and milk sugar (lactose)
These include starch and some fiber (for example cellulose and pectin)
"In terms of quantity, carbohydrates are the most important nutrient in human nutrition," emphasizes Silke Restemeyer. “In addition to fat, carbohydrates play the most important role in meeting our energy needs. Fiber also fulfills central functions in the digestive tract and has a positive effect on the metabolism. ”Studies indicate that a high fiber diet lowers the risk of numerous diet-related diseases such as obesity, type 2 diabetes mellitus, cardiovascular diseases and colon cancer .¹
- What type of language is Finnish
- Why don't diabetic wounds heal
- What are the best tips after college
- Which operating system does Messe Muenchen use
- Why don't we feed the oceans?
- How has the Geneva Bible shaped history?
- Is there permanent love?
- Is gopnik an offensive word
- What's the oldest song you love
- How do Angular js and Knockout
- R L Stine still writes books
- Why should people think polygamy is moral?
- What is form factor
- Do UV lights really kill germs
- How does it feel to have ghosts
- What is the chemical structure of Stendra
- Can recognize Shazam piano music forms
- What are monks
- Who is the front runner on Quora
- What are green companies
- How many animals are killed by tests?
- Why does Unsplash not have an iOS app
- Weight training hinders height growth
- What is Fardeen Khan doing these days