Can I eat too many bananas?
5 reasons why you should eat a banana every day
By Laura Pomer | August 06, 2020, 4:53 p.m.
That bananas are tasty and healthy is nothing new. FITBOOK explains what exactly they do for the body and what are the effective benefits of putting the power fruit on the menu every day.
Bananas cause constipation - a myth that has been around for a long time, but has now been definitively refuted. And despite its relatively high nutritional density, there is practically nothing against eating a banana every day, but there are countless things in favor. FITBOOK lists five convincing arguments.
1. Bananas are good for your digestion
Bananas are high in pectin, a fiber that helps digestion work properly. The fact that they also help with diarrhea is due to their magnesium and, above all, potassium content. Often, digestive problems are caused by a lack of nutrients. Therefore, it is also advisable to eat a banana every day to prevent muscle cramps.
Also interesting: the effect of magnesium in the body
2. Bananas can help relieve stomach ache
Bananas also provide reliable relief for complaints one floor "higher", i.e. in the stomach. Bananas are a soft and drug-free solution against heartburn and similar acid-related stomach ailments. This is not least due to their starch content. Because the banana pulp covers the irritated stomach lining like a protective film, relaxes the digestive tract and also has a positive effect on the acid-base balance.
3. Eating bananas puts you in a good mood
It is well known that you feel relaxed and satisfied after the climax - an effect that eating bananas can also produce. They contain tryptophan (i.e. the amino acid that is converted into serotonin during orgasm) - and also large amounts of dopamine, which also has a mood-enhancing effect.
4. Bananas provide quick energy
The dopamine content mentioned above also makes bananas the perfect snack for athletes. Without straining the stomach, they effectively put small hunger pangs on the ground. The combination of natural fructose content and soluble fiber results in energy that is quickly available to the body and lasts for a while. The glycemic load of bananas is also moderate, which is why the blood sugar level after consumption - unlike what you might fear with the keyword "fructose content" - does not rise and fall again, but remains stable.
Also interesting: 5 snack recipes that keep blood sugar levels down
5. Bananas can prevent disease
The potassium found in bananas is also essential for heart health. The potassium-sodium ratio of bananas therefore has a beneficial effect on blood pressure and improves blood circulation. And the danger of neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer's should be able to "eat away" with bananas. Researchers at South Korea's Gyeongsang National University have also found that bananas (like oranges and apples, by the way) contain a substance that reduces oxidative stress.
Also interesting: blueberries for arthritis - can inflammation be eaten away?
Another good reason to eat a banana every day? Every day you get a new bowl that is perfect for skin and dental care. What else can you do with the supposed waste product? The colleagues from STYLEBOOK reveal it!
- What happens when you breathe underwater
- Why is a nautical mile different?
- Why was processed food created
- What are positive numbers
- Where can I buy children's furniture
- Has anyone passed the TNPSC without coaching?
- Why are investment banks necessary
- Can we export software licenses from Japan
- Psychedelic therapy is just a placebo effect
- What are some of the most dense materials
- A guilty pleasure can cause happiness
- What is the prognosis for lymphoma
- Why is iron ore expensive
- Why are we labeled in black or white
- What is physical love
- What drugs can cause unpredictable flashbacks?
- What was the Uri attack
- What are some cool cmd notepad tricks
- What does the term Albanian Golgotha mean
- Is love just being in love and nothing else
- How can I get Photoshop for free
- What is the difference between at once and at the same time
- Can non-Christians forgive as Christians can
- How do I get paid at Eyeem
- What is business not easy
- What is a child prodigy
- What's your favorite car 2
- Can a former US president run again?
- How exactly does hunger affect metabolism?
- When will the cough phlegm go away
- You can sleep at Doha Airport
- Who needs another Grimm season besides me
- When will the LIC AAO
- What stops bad thoughts