How do I treat hypersomnolence disorder
These people find it difficult to wake up from sleep, find it difficult to move, feel confused and sometimes irritable. It can take minutes to hours for a person to fully awaken. These people can even sleep up to nine hours a day without feeling refreshed. To be diagnosed with hypersomnolence disorder, the person must have the following symptoms at least three times a week.
Signs and symptoms of hypersomnolence as cataloged by the DSM-5:
- Excessive sleepiness despite having at least seven hours of sleep a night
- Recurring naps during the day or trouble sleeping the same day
- Unrefreshing night sleep that lasts more than seven hours
- Difficulty waking fully from a long sleep and feelings of confusion or disorientation that can last minutes or hours
- Increased sleep time (up to 14 to 18 hours per day)
- Significant stress or dysfunction as a result of excessive sleep
If symptoms last less than a month, hypersomnolence disorder is considered acute. If symptoms persist for one to three months, the condition is considered subacute. If symptoms persist for more than three months, the condition is considered to be persistent.
Other possible symptoms:
- Increased irritation
- Decreased energy
- Slow thinking
- Slow language
- Loss of appetite
- Difficulty with memory
- Inability to function at work, at home, or socially
In hypersomnolence, excessive sleepiness cannot be due to the physiological effects of any substance or general health.
- How is the Netflix business model sustainable
- Is eClerx a good company
- What does it mean to be in game development
- How did the Empire replace Clone Troopers
- What things smell blue
- What are problems with white girls
- What is the quantum dot
- If bacteriophages attack only bacteria
- What did bats evolve from?
- When will the Japanese economy collapse?
- What is your need at the moment
- What is meant by limit state
- Satellite phones are smartphones
- What is the OG Fortnite skin most
- How to Sell Ethereum in India
- What is physical love
- What are good recipes with soy pieces
- What drugs can cause unpredictable flashbacks?
- How fast can 3D printing get?
- Is RIMS Imphal good for an MBBS
- What exactly is leverage
- How did the Falklands War change history?
- What kind of writing pays off the most
- Amoebiasis is contagious through saliva