What is Google PPC Advertising
Pay per click advertising
Pay-per-click advertising (PPC) is by far the most successful advertising model on the Internet today. This advertising model was invented by the US company Goto.com, which later renamed itself Overture and has been known as Yahoo Search Marketing since the end of February 2006. However, Google led this advertising model to success: When Google began to display text ads matching the respective search query in 2000 - Google calls this advertising AdWords - this was the breakthrough for the commercial success of the search engines. Today it can be assumed that over 90 percent of Google's revenues come from these ads.
Even if, on a superficial view, there are many similarities between search engine optimization and booking PPC ads, both marketing measures differ considerably from one another. The most obvious difference for the user is that the PPC ads are marked as advertising and highlighted in color. From the online marketer's point of view, however, the fact that AdWords advertising pays per click is the most important difference to search engine optimization.
Because search engine optimization initially makes higher demands, under certain circumstances the entire website has to be completely revised; However, once this initial hurdle has been taken, the subsequent fixed costs remain rather low and the individual click itself is "free".
If you want to draw parallels to offline marketing, search engine optimization can best be compared with public relations work. For both activities, the potential benefit is very difficult to predict. A press release can just as fizzle out unread, just as under certain circumstances an optimization cannot bring about any position improvement. PPC ads, on the other hand, correspond to classic ad booking, for example in newspapers or magazines. Here as there, you can estimate in advance how many people will consume the advertising message. And with both measures, values such as ROI (Return On Invest) can be estimated relatively easily from empirical values. PPC ads are ideal for particularly short-term activities.
Within a very short time, often in just a few minutes on Google, the advertising is activated and immediately visible on the web. And the ads can be stopped just as quickly. This makes PPC advertising an ideal form of advertising for special promotions in online shops.
PPC advertising works according to the auction model: Those who are willing to pay a higher price per visitor will be shown higher up within the listed ads and thus gain more visitors. The minimum prices for a booking are usually 0.10 euros per click; upwards only the play of supply and demand sets a limit. For particularly popular keywords such as "insurance comparison" or "data rescue", Google advertisers sometimes pay more than 10 euros for every single click.
The Augsburg search engine agency explido provides a monthly comparison of various keywords on its website. Not only can the approximate prices for particularly popular search queries be determined there; The sometimes extremely different click prices between the individual PPC providers can also be seen from this list.
There are currently five providers of PPC advertising active in Germany. In addition to Google, by far the largest provider, Yahoo Search Marketing and Miva are the most important PPC marketers in this country.
* Google AdWords
* Yahoo Search Marketing (formerly Overture)
By the way: Since Google's success from around 2000 at the latest, the information in the keywords meta tag no longer plays a role in sorting the search results. Google ignores the content of this tag.
This article is the revised and abridged version of the corresponding chapter from the book: The Website Manual. Programming and design, by Christian Wenz, Tobias Hauser, Dr. Florence Maurice, ISBN: 978-3-8272-4465-9, 1168 pages - 1 DVD, 4-color, published June 18, 2009, 39.95 euros fromMarket + technology.
- How can I deal with conservative parents
- Risk insurance is a must
- How is the plural formed in Swahili
- Loss of memory is a psychological disorder
- Which is healthy paneer or tofu
- Is Dior makeup non-comedogenic?
- What is the most powerful version of Wolverine
- What are some great popping dance battles
- Where does the word Bangla come from
- How do I make Bhindi delicious
- What are Chelsea's tactics this season
- All government spending is viewed as socialist
- How can cucumber slices affect puffy eyes
- Who is bigger Jin or Jungkook
- What is self-learning or self-knowledge
- What are fungal diseases
- Keanu Reeves lives in New York
- How can I become a religious woman
- How much do accountants charge
- What are the best bars in Sardinia
- Why is Heathrow Airport so crowded
- ENT doctors think for themselves
- Are wrinkled potatoes safe to eat?
- How does AIT differ from basic training
- There are disadvantages to regular meditation
- How are you knighted?
- Is all sin really the same
- How do I configure Filezilla for FTPS
- How does Narcissa Malfoy have blonde hair?
- What do you think of this statement
- What language was WhatsApp made of?
- Is Steve Jobs really dead
- Which college is there for the NSEC
- Is astrology wrong