Which gas is used in fire extinguishers
Which fire extinguisher is right for me?
Unfortunately, the classic fire extinguisher - one for all - does not exist. The market offers several types of fire extinguishers. In order to find the right one for the respective / my purpose, the following 2 main criteria must be taken into account:
1. Fire classes
All flammable substances are divided into so-called "fire classes". First you should filter which fires of the 5 fire classes you can expect.
Here is an overview with the subdivision of the 5 fire classes:
Attention for class C fires (gases): The most important measure in this case is to cut off the gas supply !!! Extinguishing the source of the fire is not very promising if the supply has not been stopped beforehand. If the fire is extinguished with a fire extinguisher, for example, gas continues to flow out. A new fire or even explosion hazard arises and the situation may get out of control.
2. Extinguishing media
Since the individual fire classes have different combustion properties, the right extinguishing agent is of the greatest importance.
Here is an overview of the different extinguishing agents, their (brief) description and their suitability according to fire classes. Select the extinguishing agent that best suits your purpose.
You can read the exact description and functionality of the respective extinguishing agent in the "Extinguishing agent" section - here
ABC powder fire extinguisher (ember powder) - the all-round extinguisher
Frost-resistant: up to - 30 ° C; Code letter: G
Suitable for fire class: A, B and C.
BC powder fire extinguishers (flame powder) - only to be found on the market as special extinguishers
Frost-resistant: up to - 30 ° C; Code letter: P
Suitable for fire class: B and C
Powder extinguisher with metal fire powder - the special extinguisher for metal companies
Frost-resistant: up to - 30 ° C; Code letter: M
Suitable for fire class: D
Foam fire extinguisher - the clean one
Frost-resistant: no, only with additives; Code letter: S
Suitable for fire class: A and B
Grease fire extinguishing agent
Grease fire extinguisher - the household extinguisher
Frost-resistant: no, only with additives; Code letter: F
Suitable for fire class: A and F (but also possible as A, B and F)
CO2 / carbon dioxide
CO2 fire extinguisher (carbon dioxide extinguisher) - the one for sensitive areas of application
Frost-resistant: up to - 30 ° C; Code letter: K
Suitable for fire class: B (formerly also C)
Water fire extinguishers (formerly wet extinguishers) - hardly to be found on the market anymore
Frost-resistant: no, only with additives; Code letter: W (formerly N)
Suitable for fire class: A; Warning, dangerous in class F and D!
Note that the powder extinguishing agent spreads very easily and can be found on walls, upholstered furniture, textiles, etc. sticks very strongly. Therefore, before using it, make sure that nobody is in the affected room and that you can still find the exit yourself in the powder mist! In addition, it is advisable to use foam extinguishers instead of powder extinguishers, especially in living areas. These are a bit more expensive, but especially with small fires, the damage is not increased by the use of powder!
When buying handheld fire extinguishers, pay attention to the type of extinguishing agent! Especially cheap offers in hardware stores are often powder extinguishers.
- What is the best privilege Indians have
- How do people work during chemotherapy
- What is the chemical structure of Stendra
- When do people get jealous
- User support cost formulas for SaaS applications
- Have you ever been in true love
- What are some wise words
- Help me with this math problem 1
- Which Googlers are Top Writers 2015
- What are social insects
- The Thing is a remake in 1982
- Why is TDS deducted for online transactions
- Is Trump a man of his time
- What is instinctual behavior
- Is football culturally Marxist
- What's your proudest college achievement
- Should people pay hackers who use ransomware
- How do you become an archaeologist?
- Are PSA tests correct for prostate cancer
- How can I avoid getting cold all the time?
- I could be the joker
- What are the books of Allah
- Perception can be measured
- How did the accident with DuPont Texas happen
- How do I buy Ravencoins
- Supports Google Pixel 3A dark mode
- What is the difference between cultivation and tillage
- Companies will be closed tomorrow
- Who sang the song Sweet Little Sixteen
- Are there still Komunalkas in Ukraine
- Which is the cheapest internet service in Nepal
- Is wake surfing dangerous
- How is the trading margin calculated