Which labels do you actually agree with?
How we rate food labels and how good they really are
Coop and Migros are one step ahead
The survey by Management Tools shows that the labels of the largest retailers Migros and Coop are perceived particularly positively. Migros Bio scores slightly better than Naturaplan, but both brands are perceived as satisfactory by up to 75 percent of those surveyed. The objective evaluation by PUSCH shows that the subjective perception does not quite match the actual performance of the products: Naturaplan scores 168 points better than Migros Bio with 141 points. Basically, however, the comparison shows that the actual sustainability of the two labels agrees with the consumer assessment. Both are subjectively and objectively ahead.
Discrepancy between BioSuisse and TerraSuisse
Even with the Max Havelaar label, which is classified as reliable by over two thirds of the population, the assessments agree with the objective results. There is a big discrepancy at BioSuisse: Although the label comes in second best in the objective test with 161 points, it is behind Max Havelaar in subjective perception. Objectivity and subjectivity do not match at TerraSuisse either.
Communication makes the difference
The fact that the Coop and Migros labels are so credible may be due to the active sustainability communication of the two wholesalers. The TerraSuisse example also shows what communication can achieve: although the label actually lags behind according to an objective assessment, it is perceived by consumers as the third best brand. However, caution is advised: if the external perception is much better than the effective performance, a discrepancy arises which can later lead to a painful loss of face.
If you don't want to lose sight of the jungle of food labels, you will find reviews of the most sought-after labels, especially organic labels, on Labelinfo.ch.
- What is your impression of foster children
- What is vacation travel
- Can a psychopath be selectively psychopathic
- Federal student loans increase tuition fees
- An email ID is important
- How much did Plato know about Judaism?
- Why shouldn't robots practice artificial intelligence?
- What did Thomas Aquinas write
- What breed of dog looks like a bear
- What are the disadvantages of the centrifugal clutch
- How can you cut glass under water?
- Who hates Donald Trump
- Bats have hollow bones like birds
- Human civilizations usually eat anteaters
- Why do children enjoy repetition so much?
- How did Abraham die
- Is there another war like Syria
- Does CrossFit Really Help You Lose Weight
- How to say love in Jamaican
- Has society accepted the term cis
- How do I pay my Amazon bill
- How tattooists don't make mistakes
- Why is the English spelling so irregular
- Alon Amit knows everything about math
- Cleaning nerite snails aquatic stem plants
- What kind of writing pays off the most
- Which is SRK career best achievement
- Will aid Gendry Baratheon in Daenerys' conquest
- Are women with PCOD affected by hirsutism?
- What are some fairies in Hindu mythology
- Mixture can be separated by physical means
- What are some mind-boggling facts about countries
- Sexual desires increase with age