Can the acid content be reduced through regular training?
5 tips against hyperacidity during exercise
1. Eat healthy
The best measure to prevent and combat acidification is one healthy, balanced diet. Alkaline foods such as fruit, vegetables, salads, potatoes, herbal teas, whey and mushrooms are ideal for filling up the base depots for the neutralization of acids. The green vegetables in particular, such as spinach, are full of basic minerals. Potatoes, unpeeled rice, soy products, nuts and herbal tea are also rich in bases - so always put them in the shopping cart.
[contextly_sidebar id = "eekfam58Xg5FnTGyMARZvpPiW8I2BNCp"]
So far, so good ... The challenge for all athletes is: Those who train regularly don't just need high quality carbohydrates, but also lots of protein for optimal performance and the development of muscles. Unfortunately, these nutrients are mainly found in acid-forming foods.
In order to avoid over-acidification, it makes sense to consciously only consume proteins in the necessary quantities and to combine them with a lot of vegetables or fruit to compensate. So always eat double the portion of vegetables or salad with every portion of meat! Salads hardly contain minerals, but they do basic chlorophyll. Soy products are particularly recommended as a source of protein against the background of an alkaline diet, e.g. tofu.
Carbohydrates can be obtained wonderfully from basic foods, e.g. from beans and root vegetables.
All acid generators that are not absolutely necessary for performance reasons should disappear from an athlete's plate. You can remove it completely from the shopping list: refined sugar, white flour, alcohol, and coffee, because these foods are particularly acidic. Other foods can be exchanged for their more alkaline alternatives: instead of white flour products prefer whole grain products, instead of margarine prefer butter, instead of quark prefer yoghurt.
The rule of thumb for a healthy, alkaline diet
2. Basically bathe
Many competitive athletes and runners take it after intense training sessions regenerating base bath, because deacidification through the skin is simply super effective. If you find full baths boring, an alkaline foot bath is sufficient. You can get alkaline bath salts in every drugstore or pharmacy. You should take your time for at least 30 minutes and the water should not be too hot. Such a bath works best at body temperature and a PH value above 8.
3. Relaxation exercises
It doesn't have to be an esoteric incense session. Everyone has a different way of relaxing, find out what is good for you. Even a short relaxation or meditation per day effectively and long-term lowers the stress hormone level - and stress acid-forming.
[contextly_sidebar id = "RpxwUz4eTNbVOlzRHbGPlGZJ2o7o5iTG"]
4. Avoid stress in everyday life
Emotional stress such as grief, problems in the partnership or constant overload at work also increase the flood of acid in the body. Sure, not every negative influence can be avoided, but it can help to be less angry in everyday life and to be easier to deal with other people to put on a thicker skin.
“Don't let behavior of others destroy your inner peace” - Dalai Lama
5. Drink a lot
Still mineral water or herbal tea, 2 to 3 liters a day are ideal for flushing acids out of the body. But it has to be still mineral water - without carbon dioxide. On the other hand, it is best to avoid alcohol, fruit juices, energy or soft drinks. They contain sugar, sweeteners and caffeine, which have an acidic effect in the body.
If you want to learn more about acidity and nutrition, I recommend my article on why an alkaline diet is so important during exercise.
Now you know how the acid-base balance works and how it gets mixed up. A balanced acid-base balance ensures that you feel fit and stay healthy - the ideal conditions for your training! As an athlete, you can avoid acid-related problems with a base-rich diet. If there is always enough bases available in the body, the acid-base balance remains stable even with intensive training. It also shortens the time your body needs for regeneration. So it's worth it ... I wish you lots of fun and success with your training!
Carolin is a group fitness expert and yoga teacher. Her texts revolve around topics and questions that she comes across as a trainer again and again.
Follow her on Instagram
- Multiple inheritance is supported in PHP
- Which is better i10 or Swift Auto
- Which factors make TCP reliable
- What does the Hebrew word Kodesh mean?
- How Video Can Help Business On The Internet
- What have libertarians contributed to the world?
- What is zionism
- Is Diigo the best bookmarking website
- What are good songs for sports videos
- How can you treat insomnia during pregnancy
- How much revenue is Uber
- Which are some unknown indie bands
- What is wood frame structure
- It's hard to make good friends
- How does life change after marriage
- Is barrel13 com worth the money
- How do we say interesting in Korean
- How can marketing agencies best use Databox?
- How would time travel change legal proceedings
- Empiricists believe in human nature
- Why are people with depression angry
- How do phantom pain feel?
- Do men really want monogamy
- What is half of frac 20 2
- What are the benefits of ccie
- How can I short-circuit the real estate market
- Is Gumroad a scam
- What is your rating of brain training
- Children still play in sandboxes
- What is an airport tower controller
- What is a good hungry iOS development company
- What are some things impossible to measure
- Show what less cash to GDP ratio
- What is it like to ski in Scandinavia?