Who is the Jony Ive of Photography
Leica prototype designed by Jony Ive will be auctioned for at least 100,000 euros
The British designer Jonathan "Jony" Ive shaped the design of the tech company Apple for a long time. Last year he finally left the company to open his own agency. Aside from his best-known work, Ive collaborated with Mark Newson to design a one-time camera for Leica that raised $ 1.8 million at auction in 2013 for charity. In June, a prototype of the device will go under the hammer. The starting bid is 100,000 euros.
In contrast to the end product that has already been sold, the prototype now available appears to have a smooth, reflective surface that is likely to attract fingerprints. The camera "shows the final stage of development when the camera took on its final shape after hundreds of parts were manufactured and tried," reads on the Leitz Photographica Auction website.
Unclear whether it is functional
During the design process, a total of 561 models and almost 1,000 prototype parts are said to have been produced, reports "The Verge". The fully designed camera was auctioned at the time, along with 40 other items, for a total of 26 million dollars. Whether the prototype that is now for sale actually works as a camera is not mentioned in the description of the auction house. The targeted sales price is between 200,000 and 250,000 euros. (red, March 29, 2021)
- Why is HTML static
- Why is my head ringing
- Who loved Oliver Queen Green Arrow
- How can I short-circuit the real estate market
- Problem with my iPhone and iPad
- Confederate memorials will be removed from Gettysburg
- What are the causes of rumination
- Will climate change lead to human extinction?
- Advantages and disadvantages of NET
- How is superwash wool made
- What would Google make more popular
- How does Adderall XR treat anxiety
- Would you marry a pirate
- Cooks make good money
- How is jealousy portrayed in The Crucible
- How has self-awareness changed your life
- What are some advanced types of exercise
- Air pollution causes global warming
- Could someone explain the phenomenon of earthquakes?
- What is air pressure in the atmosphere
- What makes steel hard and strong
- How are good-looking male psychopaths perceived
- How much do accountants charge
- Is concrete a homogeneous mix