How do I sleep well
Sleep well in five steps
Lying in bed, thoughts circling, the restful calm just doesn't want to come. Every fifth German complains of insomnia. Good sleep is absolutely necessary in order to keep the human body functioning properly. Because at night the organism recovers and regenerates. The good news: you can use the whole day to prepare for a good night's sleep.
1. During the day
Move: Exercising regularly will help you sleep better. Otherwise the body will demand back the lack of activity at night. Exercise should end two hours before bedtime.
Going out: Morning is the best time to soak up the sun and fresh air. A study shows that night sleep is better then. Alternatively, you can use your lunch break for a walk in the fresh air.
2. in the evening
Media: You should avoid television, computer or smartphone right before going to bed. The high proportion of blue light on the screens prevents the body from producing the sleep hormone melatonin. Blue light filters weaken the effect, but do not avoid it entirely.
Coffee:Caffeine is taboo in the evening. Coffee, black tea or cola stimulate brain activity and delay falling asleep. You should avoid drinks containing caffeine at least four hours before bedtime.
Alcohol: The best way to get a good night's sleep is to stay sober. The after-work beer makes you tired at first, but alcohol shortens the deep sleep phases and lets you wake up early.
Eat: Do not eat hearty meals in the evening. These stimulate the metabolism and overload the stomach. As a result, it is harder to fall asleep. Salad and raw vegetables are difficult to digest and also not recommended before going to bed.
Stop smoking: You shouldn't smoke before going to sleep - nicotine is a stimulant that disturbs sleep. By the way: Smokers who give up their habit sleep better once the withdrawal symptoms have been overcome.
3. Just before bedtime
Relaxation: Those who relax before going to sleep reduce stress and sleep better. Create sleep rituals such as a little meditation, soft music or an evening walk. In general, try to avoid stress in the evening, for example by agreeing with the family that problems should only be addressed in the early evening.
Bedtime: Only go to sleep when you feel tired. Every 90 to 100 minutes we go from being tired to being awake. The intervals in which you are tired should be used for bedtime. Sensitive sleepers rest better if they always go to bed and get up at the same time.
- How to dissolve hardened salt
- Why does my pregnant cat keep meowing
- Do I need Ethernet and the Internet
- China would be better off without Tibet
- What do you think of tai chi
- How can I learn guitar modes quickly
- You can prepay Facebook ads
- How do you choose your research area
- What should everyone know about education
- The term Fuehrer is banned in Germany
- Which phone to buy under 10,000
- Who are animists
- Have you ever managed to reinvent yourself
- 1 is a value
- What happened to Tea Party 2
- Will the happiness program really work
- Climate change aggravates the storms
- Why do scientists sample populations
- See God himself as God
- Vote anarchists
- How do I teach myself to paddle
- Are linear transformations homomorphism
- What is scalability
- What are the different Caribbean people
- Is Bengali a gender neutral language
- Why isn't all education open source?
- Do Finnish Swedes speak Finnish
- Who are better farmers and soldiers
- What new feature is coming in WhatsApp
- What does hundreds of thousands mean
- What's the name of Boy Karens
- Why is TDS deducted for online transactions
- What is a turkey sandwich