Who killed notoriously great
Mortal sin of anger
A thousand divine cuts
Symbol of the beast
CharactersDragon Sin Meliodas (Japanese: メ リ オ ダ ス), Mortal Sin of Wrath, is the leader of the Seven Deadly Sins, owner of the famous Wild Boar Hat tavern and the main protagonist of the series. His sacred treasure is the demon sword Lostvayne and his special magical ability is that Counter total. He is the Demon King's eldest son, a former member of Stigma, and the former leader of the Ten Commandments with the commandment of charity.
Although Meliodas looks like a child, it is over 3,000 years old. He is exceptionally small compared to other characters, has messy blonde hair and a pair of emerald green eyes. He's also lacking facial hair, which further accentuates his youthful appearance. Regardless of his stature or youthful appearance, he is relatively muscular and has a number of well-developed abdominal muscles. He often wears an ordinary, clean, white button-down shirt and a black sleeveless waistcoat with a loosely worn tie. The sheath of his broken sword is held in place by a green leather belt with gold-colored buckles. Without socks he wears a pair of black boots. Its most distinctive feature is the dragon symbol that can be found on his left arm on the shoulder.
In his time as the great holy knight of Danafor, Meliodas wore the traditional armor of the holy knights, similar to that of Cain.
Ten years before the act, he wore silver full-body armor with a unique helmet similar to those of the remaining six deadly sins. He brandished a dagger that was incredibly important to him.
Like the rest of the Deadly Sins, Meliodas received a wanted poster after the death of the Great Holy Knight Zaratra. Since the wanted picture is based on guesswork, it looks completely different on his wanted poster. The picture shows a much older man.
In the manga and anime, Meliodas is the leader of the Seven Deadly Sins and the owner of an inn called Wild Boar Hat, which is located on a large pig (Mama-Hawk).
Meliodas' most dominant traits are his openness and fearlessness, which was seen when facing the Rusty Knight. Because of his terrible cooking skills, Hawk always has to eat the leftovers from the tavern customers. He often scares Hawk off by saying the word "roast pork". If Hawk complains over the leftover meal, Melodias threatens him to fry it. He loves to tell jokes. Occasionally he uses Elizabeth's naivete to feel her breasts and is not even ashamed of doing so in public or even in front of her father. He also has a strong sense of justice and is always ready to help people in need. Even when seriously injured, he does not try to show his weaknesses and remains strong in front of his companions. Despite his title as the mortal sin of anger, he is rather a very calm person.
Meliodas has a very long and complicated past.
The betrayal of the demons (3000 years ago)
More than 3,000 years ago Meliodas was the leader of the Ten Commandments, at that time he was the most powerful and cruelest demon after the Demon King. One day Meliodas betrayed the demon clan to fight for his loved one (an early reincarnation of Elizabeth). Meliodas kills his two comrades in order to fight against the goddesses. At that time, the demon clan and the goddess clan united so that Supreme Deity (the highest deity) and the demon king Meliodas and Elizabeth can unleash a curse. Meliodas becomes "immortal". Whenever he is killed, he is resuscitated, but in the state in which he was known to be the worst demon of all. Elizabeth is reborn over and over again as reincarnation and dies after three days when she regains either her memories or her full powers.
The Danafor Incident (16 years ago)
In Danafor, Meliodas met a slave named Liz, who later turned out to be the reincarnation of Elizabeth. Subsequently, sentenced to death, Meliodas released her and personally offered to fight on her behalf if anyone objected. On a mission, Liz was killed by Fraudrin in front of Meliodas' eyes. After seeing Liz die, Meliodas' anger got out of hand (hence the mortal sin of anger). An explosion was triggered and all of Donafor was wiped off the map. Then Merlin closed Meliodas' true power because it was too dangerous.
Meeting Diane (15 years ago)
Meliodas first met Diane when she fled her home village of giants. She was threatened by knights of the Order of the Golden Grain. But both the knights, who called Diane a monster, and Diane told Meliodas to leave. Against the request, Meliodas protected Diane by defeating all the knights. Meliodas asked Diane after the fight if she was scared, which surprised her as she was taller than him. That made her feel normal for the first time.
Foundation of the Seven Deadly Sins (12 years ago)
Ban is released from prison by Meliodas and becomes a member of the Seven Deadly Sins after a fight. King is recruited after being mistakenly arrested. When arrested, Meliodas describes King as a wonderful king because he fights for the people who are important to him. After Diane is arrested by the Holy Knights, Meliodas frees her on the orders of King Bartra. At some point during this time, Gowther is also recruited for the Seven Deadly Sins. However, the exact circumstances of his recruitment, as well as the question of whether he was recruited by Meliodas himself or by Merlin, are unknown. As the last member, Escanor would join the Seven Deadly Sins. However, at a meeting between himself, Meliodas and Merlin, Escanor stated that he did not feel able to join them as his lack of control over his power only harmed those around him. After losing to Meliodas in a fight, Escanor joins them after all.
The great "carnage" (ten years ago)
Ten years ago dozens of Holy Knights were killed in Liones. She is said to have died within seconds. Meliodas and the Seven Deadly Sins were held responsible for this and for the death of Grand Master Zaratra. It was later revealed that the demon possessed Dreyfus and Hendrickson were the culprits.
Skills and equipment
Melioda's combat abilities and power are legendary. He was the captain of the legendary Seven Deadly Sins. As a member of the Demon Clan, Meliodas once ruled as the leader of the Ten Commandments and as the only worthy heir to the throne of the Demon King.
Like all members of the demon clan, he is able to manifest his mysterious power of darkness, which he can use for various purposes. He can grow wings, regrow limbs, and improve his physical and magical abilities. He is also well versed in demonic enchantments. Most notably, he is notorious for his sword skills and sheer physical strength, but he also has incredible magical abilities. Particularly impressive is its immunity to magical attacks due to its ability Counter total.
An example of his immense fighting skills is the fight in which he overpowered both the old elf king Gloxinia and the old giant king Drole at the same time. When he rediscovered the power Merlin had taken from him, the amount of darkness released by the goddess Amber was enough to obliterate the sky. And the subsequent aftershock of Istar was felt almost 100 km away from Edinburgh.
Before the series began, his power was strong enough to destroy the entire kingdom of Danafor. Merlin, feeling that his power was too great and dangerous to control, and stole most of it before he could do the same to the Kingdom of Liones. Even when most of his strength was stripped from him, he was still at a proficiency level more than ten times the standard of a Holy Knight. With his power returned, Melodias is able to easily fight and defeat members of the legendary Ten Commandments on an equal footing, even though it was only a fraction of his original power during the Holy War.
After Meliodas uses his full demonic power, in a desperate attempt to get out of MelasculasCocoon of darkness unleashed, he will regain the strength he had when he was the leader of the Ten Commandments. Put into attack mode, Meliodas was initially slightly superior in the fight against Escanor. But its power grew with every second up to the climax at noon. Meliodas was badly injured and almost cut in half, but recovered into one while he was from Merlin perfect cube has been blocked. Even while he was passed out, his aura was already so tremendously strong and dark that even Escanor, King, and Diane felt sick around him. Later, when he awoke again, he easily grabbed both Zeldris and Estarossa, not even the power of the Demon King allowing Zeldris to make the slightest movement. He defeated Estarossa completely while immobilizing Cusack. When attacked again, he easily overtook and reined in Zeldris while protecting Elizabeth from Estarossa. He also easily survived the attacks of Arthur and his Excalibur weapon.
His power is so great that it even dwarfs the mighty Four Archangels, since Estarossa himself openly said that if he could not defeat Sariel and Tarmiel of the Four Archangels, he would have no chance of defeating Meliodas. He is also able to perform a ritual to absorb the Ten Commandments and is the only one other than Zeldris who can survive if he absorbs more than one commandment. Meliodas is convinced that if he has absorbed all of the commandments he can break Elizabeth's curse.
- Main article: Counter Total
- Counter Total [Japanese: 全 反 撃 (Zen Hangeki)] is an ability that allows Meliodas to reflect magical attacks against him, with much greater power, back onto his opponent. The stronger the opposing forces are, the higher the rebound will be. A major disadvantage is that Meliodas cannot launch attacks itself. He is also unable to reflect attacks if the opponent's attacks are difficult to read and counter. Physical, indirect and continuous attacks cannot be reflected either. The Demon King explained that the technique is just an inferior copy of Chandler's technique and that his original magical power is something else.
- Main article: Hellfire
- Hellfire [Japanese: 獄 炎 ル (Gokuen)] is a mysterious ability that allows Meliodas to create black flames. The technique also has the added effect of negating an Immortal's regeneration, as shown when he used it on Ban.
- Main article: Attack mode
- Attack mode [Japanese: 殲 滅 状 態 (Senmetsu Jotai)] is a state in which Meliodas releases his demonic powers to the fullest and reaches unbelievable powers. According to Melascula, back in the days when Meliodas commanded the Ten Commandments, even she was afraid of him when he was at his peak. The downside is that this status temporarily robs Meliodas of all of his feelings, causing him to revert to what he was before his betrayal of the Demon Clan.
A thousand divine cuts
- Main article: A Thousand Divine Cuts
- A thousand divine cuts [Japanese: 神 千 斬 り (Kami Chigiri)] is an ability in which Meliodas cuts his opponent a total of a thousand times with his sword.
As the former leader of the Ten Commandments, Meliodas was the original bearer of the commandment to love one's neighbor [jap .: 慈愛 (Jiai)], which was given to him by the Demon King. Those who stand before him with hatred in their hearts become powerless to harm others. In order to ally himself with the Goddess clan, he willingly gave up his command during his betrayal of the demon clan. Because of Gowther's forbidden saying, the Demon King gave the command to his supposed second son Estarossa. This is actually Archangel Mael, who was turned into a demon because of the commandment, which is why it looked as if the former had killed the latter.
- Huge broadsword: Meliodas used this sword in the holy war 3000 years ago, also as leader of the Ten Commandments. The sword is at least twice the size of Meliodas itself. It was broken in the battle in which Meliodas and the goddess Elizabeth fought against the Demon King and the Supreme Deity and lost. The sword showed no characteristics to use an ability like a sacred treasure.
- Dragon grip: Meliodas used this broken sword in conjunction with Counter total. The sword also seems to have abilities of its own and is one of the keys to the coffin of Eternal Darkness.
- Liz's sword: After Meliodas recovered his lover's sword, Liz, Meliodas began using it after his dragon hilt was stolen. It also works in conjunction with Counter total. It was broken during Meliodas' battle with an Albion.
- Lostvayne: As a member of the Seven Deadly Sins, Meliodas has a sacred treasure. Lostvayne is a "demon-splitting sword" that he sold for money ten years ago in a pawn shop in Camelot to finance the boar hat. It is later returned to him by Merlin, who apparently bought the sword and kept it safe the whole time. His Jitsuzō Bunshin ability is compatible with Meliodas' Counter total and allows him to use so much more dangerous levels.
- Bone sword: In purgatory, Meliodas' feelings create a sword made from the bones of the native species with a single-edged long blade.
Meliodas' power level increases gradually over the course of the story and is further increased when he uses his demonic powers. With Lostvayne, Meliodas can create a clone with a maximum power level of half of its own power level. As more clones are created, this power is evenly distributed.
|Season 2 after resuscitation||Total||magic||Strength||ghost|
|season 1||Total||magic||Strength||ghost||Season 2 (with old strength)||Total||magic||Strength||ghost|
- He collects beer as a hobby.
- His daily routine includes molesting Elizabeth.
- He has a big soft spot for Elizabeth.
- He was born in the demon world.
- His dream is to take the curse away.
- His biggest shame is how he used to be.
- He would like to cuddle with Elizabeth most of all.
- His favorite animal is Elizabeth.
- His favorite scent is Elizabeth's body.
- His favorite food is pork cooked in beer.
- The person he doesn't want as an enemy under any circumstances is Merlin.
- Meliodas has a good collection of alcohol brought back from trips to many places.
- His cooking skills seem fabulous at first, but they are actually disgusting.
- Ban has done amr presses 720 times with Meliodas, one of them won 361 times. Both argue about who it is who has won more times
- It is believed that Meliodas was the first to discover and appropriate the power of the demon blood.
- Meliodas never wields a real sword because it is far too powerful.
- Meliodas has two boar hat rooms - one on the first floor and the other upstairs with Elizabeth.
- Meliodas is left handed.
- Melioda's black mark resembles a single spiral representing radiant ethereal energy.
- The deadly sin of anger is usually symbolized by a bear and the color red.
- In the Nanatsu no Taizai popularity poll, Meliodas was ranked 5th with 6664 votes (which included an online poll and postcards) with a total of 278 votes.
- The tattoo of a dragon or a snake eating its own tail represents ouroboros.This is a cyclical symbol and in some beliefs it stands for infinity. It is an indication of Melioda's longevity and youthful appearance, despite being over 3000 years old.
- Demons typically live to be around 1,000 years old. Meliodas managed to live for over 3000 years without aging and without being sealed because a curse prevents him from dying.
- Meliodas and Eren Yeager from Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) have the same voice actors in the Japanese and English versions.
- Zaratras found and showed that Meliodas rarely gets drunk and can sober up easily if he should drink.
- Meliodas is the oldest, in terms of age, of high-ranking demons.
- Both Meliodas and Zeldris are voiced by the sync speaker Yūki Kaji.
- As a child, Meliodas had a strength of 300.
- What is Jaziya
- How does neuroscience affect education
- Real estate freaking is possible in India
- Was Michael Jackson trustworthy
- What if Google blocks Apple's YouTube channel
- What if people lived like cattle?
- What are some self-branding hacks
- What is the russian word for start?
- Difference between body cell and neuron
- What is 5 5 5 5 20
- What does DHQ mean when writing SMS
- Are PCs a symbol of renegades?
- What are the top blogger networks
- What is a UNIX command window
- What is it like to own a Nissan Leaf
- In which country are Amway products manufactured?
- Did Muslim Punjabis eat beef before partition
- Am I manipulative 1
- Does the military have secure secret accounts
- Can you have XXY chromosome
- Who was a prophet for Christianity
- How many toes do I have
- How vegan is the impossible Whopper
- What is the list of conductive polymers
- Benjamin Netanyahu is Italian
- Marketing process automation can improve sales
- What is a framed television
- Education loan is really a trap
- Generates energy matter
- Is the RuPay payment option safe
- Can I marry an uneducated girl
- What causes polarity
- What is CSS in Selenium
- What are the treatments for diphtheria