What does balkanization mean
Part of speech: noun, (Female)Hyphenation:
- Bal | ka | ni | sie | rung, Plural: Bal | ka | ni | sie | run | gen
- IPA: [balkaniˈziːʀʊŋ], Plural: [balkaniˈziːʀʊŋən]
- 1) political catchphrase that stands for the fragmentation of larger political and economic structures
- The term Balkanization originally referred to the dissolution of the Ottoman Empire, especially its territory on the Balkan Peninsula, promoted by the great powers of the time before the First World War. This term later became independent.
- 1) “With the emergence of a large number of states in Africa in the course of decolonization after the Second World War, observers of this development often spoke of one Balkanization Africa. "
- 1) the Balkanization of Africa
- Nominative: singular the Balkanization; Plural the balkanizations
- Genitive: singular the Balkanization; Plural of the Balkanizations
- Dative: singular the Balkanization; Plural the Balkanizations
- Accusative: singular the Balkanization; Plural the balkanizations
Practical example sentences
Automatically selected examples in German:
„It is the beginning of the real political Balkanization that will fall over the European Union in the next few years.“
Linke Zeitung, March 24, 2020
The usage examples were selected automatically and may therefore contain errors.
Thesaurus & Synonyms
Another word (synonym) for Balkanization - Source: OpenThesaurus
Entries from our dictionary containing "Balkanization":
balkanization: Cases: singular balkanisation, plural balkanisation Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [bal.ka.ni.za.sjɔ̃] Word meaning / Definition: 1) Balkanisation Translations German: 1) Balkanisation
Balkanize:… Coalition has meanwhile balkanised on this issue. There are many small fractions. ”Derived words: 1) Balkanization Basque translations: 1)…
bałkanizacja:… Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [bawkaɲiˈzaʦja] Word meaning / Definition: 1) Politics: Balkanization General terms: 1) proces Translations See translations at…
Balkanizations:… IPA: [balkaniˈziːʀʊŋən] Grammatical features: nominative plural of the noun Balkanisierung genitive plural of the noun Balkanisierung dative plural des…
Rhyme: German: -iːʀʊŋ: ... Anticipation Arabization Arcanization Assimilation Association Attribution Balkanization Brusselsization Christianization Demonization ...
Rate & Share
Rate the dictionary entry or share it with friends.
Quote & print
Quote this page:
"Balkanization" in the online dictionary Wortbedeutung.info (22.5.2021) URL: https://www.wortbedeutung.info/Balkanisierung/
Comments from users
There are currently no comments on this entry.
Complete the dictionary entry
Wortscheutung.info is a Language dictionary and is used to look up all linguistic information. It's explicit not an encyclopedia and no subject dictionary that explains content. You can add comments such as examples of use or hints on the use of the term "Balkanization" and thus help to improve our dictionary. Questions, requests for help and complaints are not welcome and will be deleted immediately. HTML tags are not allowed.
The following terms
Balkanizations (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Bal | ka | ni | sie | run | gen Pronunciation / Stress: IPA:…
Balkanization process (German) The process of Balkanization is an outdated way of writing the process of Balkanization, which has been used since ...
Balkan War (German) Part of speech: noun, (male) Cases: nominative: singular Balkankrieg; Plural Balkan Wars genitive: ...
Balkan Wars (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Variant Forms: Dative Singular: Balkan War Hyphenation: Bal | kan | krie | ge ...
Balkan Wars (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Bal | kan | krie | gen Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
Balkan War (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Variants: Balkan War Hyphenation: Bal | kan | krie | ges…
Balkan War (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Variants: Balkan War Hyphenation: Bal | kan | kriegs…
Balkan country (German) Part of speech: noun, (neuter) cases: nominative: singular Balkanland; Plural Balkan countries genitive: ...
Balkans (German) Part of speech: Declined form Secondary forms: Balkan country Hyphenation: Bal | kan | lan | de Pronunciation / stress:…
Balkan country (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Secondary Forms: Balkan Countries Hyphenation: Bal | kan | lan | des Pronunciation / Emphasis: ...
Balkan country (German) Part of speech: Declined form Secondary forms: Balkanlandes Hyphenation: Bal | kan | lands Pronunciation / stress:…
- How can boxers prevent cauliflower ears
- What does mushar mean
- What is altitude sickness
- Bandicam is considered a virus
- When was Bhagavad Gita translated into Tamil?
- What is Brazzers
- Is Sarah Palin Trig's grandmother
- What does a peeled lemon look like
- There is a logo competition
- What are Lacanian's psychoanalysis views on addiction
- Information about the state of Telangana
- NYC MTA drivers can take tips
- How do wolves smell
- What is inertia What causes inertia
- Is baked food more nutritious
- Myanmar adventure vacation
- What is a Berliet VXB 170
- Can a future AI make art
- How can IoT technology help the environment
- A liberal arts degree is well worth it
- Ripple is a good investment than Bitcoin
- Is there a startup laptop manufacturer
- How can we reduce our wedding expenses
- What is a homemade remedy for a headache