Has conquered Denmark Groenland
Denmark - land of 1,000 islands.
The Venice of Denmark - Copenhagen
Translated, the Middle Danish name "Köpmannaehafn" means something like: "Port of the merchants". Copenhagen was first mentioned as a port in 1043.
Today it is the largest city in Denmark with around 1.2 million inhabitants and is also home to the Queen's city residence, Amalienborg Palace. If the royal family is there, the changing of the guards in front of the palace takes place every day at 12 noon.
You can either discover this city on foot - the most important sights are easily accessible on foot, relatively close together in the old town - or you can take a city tour by bus.
There are of course countless museums and churches to discover, three other castles, countless squares and well-known streets.
A canal tour with the Netto boat or with the Copenhagen Water Taxi, the light blue “flying fish”, are original alternatives. A visit to Tivolis with midnight fireworks (Wednesday and Saturday) is certainly an essential part of a visit to Copenhagen for many.
And the “Little Mermaid” based on the example of the fairy tale of the same name by Hans Christian Andersen as one of the smallest landmarks in the world with a height of only 125 cm should definitely also be recorded digitally. Copenhageners love the melancholy mermaid on her stone at the harbor, where she has been sitting since 1913. (Sculptor Edvard Eriksen)
The Latin Quarter with its trendy cafes, small music and clothing stores and shops for extravagant items far away from the mainstream is also worth a visit.
What is not in travel guides, where the best clubs, best insider bars and places are valued by the locals, has recently been found on the city blog “Spottes by Locals” of a travel-loving couple.
Should you now feel like visiting our neighbors in the north, then we would be happy if we whet your appetite with this article.
We wish you a safe journey and lots of fun on your journey of discovery! Your Opel Rent Team
- How is the elastic energy measured
- Broadband gives good speeds
- Who is better Coutinho or Isco
- Why are economists different
- How is the graphical user interface implemented in the software
- Seek the truth as a moral imperative
- What is a timer ic
- Is this phrase too strange to use
- Should letterheads and flyers be grammatically correct
- How do you heal from gas light
- Gabapentin is a powerful medicine
- What is special about ramen noodles
- What are calf muscle injuries
- What does a burnout look like
- Why do Ikea furniture always break
- I hugged my crush. Is that bad
- Leaves Louis Litt the suits
- What are the benefits of dermarolling
- AutoZone stores sell tires
- Does the wheat germ go bad
- How many users search for restaurants online
- Are Pete Buttigieg's political plans realizable?
- Where did Paul Walker die?
- How we can preserve Indian culture
- All meat substitutes have mycoprotein
- Do you drink street performers
- Is AIDS a communicable disease or not
- What is the antonym for demanding
- Is gopnik an offensive word
- Is WiFi included in the Spectrum Internet
- Plays the drums hard on his knees
- What is a master's thesis
- What are the names in Infosys
- How was your ayahuasca experience in Amsterdam