Why do Celtic fans support Palestine
Celtic was furious about the “unacceptable” display of the Palestinian flag by the fan group
Celtic noted the “unacceptable” behavior of The Green Brigade fan group after they posted a fan ad in support of Palestine.
Officials encouraged the fan group to put shirts, scarves and flags in parkheads at home before Captain Scott Brown's final Celtic game.
However, some Palestinian flags were displayed during the fan group's time at the stadium and Celtic condemned the exhibition for believing they "took advantage" of the Parkhead opportunity.
A flag ad promoting Palestine was produced by the Celtic fan group The Green Brigade
Describing it as "unacceptable", Celtic said in a statement that the flags have been removed
“We invited supporters to pay tribute to our club captain Scott Brown by giving them the opportunity to display their own banners in the stadium,” it said in a statement
‘Unfortunately, a small group that was granted access in good faith tried to take advantage of this opportunity and has used it for a different purpose.
"This is clearly unacceptable and the ad was removed from the club immediately."
Celtic will face St. Johnstone on Wednesday night, and the club have tried to mark Brown's final appearance at home with honors in the stands
Fans were encouraged to display flags, banners, and shirts paying tribute to the captain
The seats were covered in personalized shirts with messages for ‘Legend’ Brown’s final home game
The midfielder has been a loyal servant to the Glasgow-based team and was one of the teams to win nine times in a row. He's also a four-time three-time winner as he commanded Celtic during a period of unprecedented success.
But fan access has since become politicized when the Green Brigade seemed to see the people of Palestine in solidarity. The flags were placed in the North Curve section in Parkhead but have since been removed from the club.
The Palestinian Territory of Gaza was attacked last week after deadly air strikes from Israel destroyed two skyscrapers.
It was reported that around 43 Palestinians - including 13 children - were killed.
This is the worst level of violence Palestine has experienced since the 2014 Gaza War.
After the Israeli air strikes on Gaza City on Tuesday, people gather at the site of a collapsed building.
At least 178 Palestinians and six officers were injured in night-time clashes on May 7 in the third holiest place in Islam and in the vicinity of East Jerusalem.
Israel's military declared the air strikes a revenge after more than 1,000 rockets were fired from Gaza and six Israeli citizens were killed.
The renewed confrontation after weeks of tension and clashes in embattled Jerusalem was sparked on Monday evening when Hamas - the Islamist group that rules Gaza - fired a rocket fire in the direction of Jerusalem
On Tuesday afternoon, former US President Donald Trump posted on his website that America “will always strongly support Israel's right to defend itself” when he criticized President Joe Biden's growing crisis.
The White House had previously said that Biden would be informed of the escalating situation.
Israel's Iron Dome defense system continued to struggle with the volume of r
- How long do Bitcoin transactions take
- What is an OTT network
- What is the goal of bpo
- What are the best audio book devices
- Why is Sriharikota famous for
- Does someone like to sleep with shoes on?
- Can use Huawei AOSP
- What should I bring to the picnic 1
- Let the computer do more good than harm
- What are some simple recipes to try
- What will life be like at Oxford University
- What is between analog and digital
- How can I improve my learning techniques
- Which is the greatest choice in the world
- What song is used in About Adam
- Is pure iron water-soluble
- Why are Uber taxi drivers so unprofessional
- How do I find my first tweet
- How can I manifest a particular person
- Is solitaire popular in your country
- What is a diplo
- Is coding required in cloud computing?
- Food poisoning symptoms are immediate
- Can I make a video with YouTube?
- What is an escape tunnel
- How can I earn with games
- How does life change after marriage
- Why are canvas shoes called that
- What are some interesting Chinese customs
- Rent or buy millionaire cars
- Who invented the numbers
- How will virtual reality change advertising
- What does vapor pressure of liquids mean?