What is a rolling bearing
What is a ball bearing?
A so-called ball bearing is often found where it has to run particularly smoothly and smoothly. But what exactly is it and how does it work?
Imagine a wheel is put on an axle. You can turn the wheel around the axis, but the whole thing comes to a standstill as soon as you press it a little from above. Logical - then there is a lot of friction between the wheel and the axle and you can only move it with great effort. This can also be compared to a heavy object that is pushed across the floor. There is also a lot of friction and the object is difficult to move.
Even the ancient Egyptians had a great idea: They simply put tree trunks under them! The heavy objects could now be transported wonderfully on them, because the logs simply rolled along with the object for a part of the way. That reduced the friction immensely! And that's exactly how a ball bearing works - only with balls instead of tree trunks.
It consists of an outer ring, many balls that are stuck in a housing, and an inner ring. If you turn the outer ring, the balls roll in the middle while the inner ring stops. Applied to our model, this means: The wheel turns smoothly on the balls while the axle stops (it is attached to the car). A ball bearing ensures low friction and the correct rotation!
- How can I cancel my SBI account
- Who lends money to governments
- What's on the flag of the Northwest Territories
- What should I learn after J2EE
- Are there any unpopular K-pop groups
- How software updates affect the phone
- Is that a relative or perfect pitch?
- What are milliliters used to measure
- Why does the snow fall so slowly
- How to notate percussive guitar sounds
- Gives WhatsApp money when we share
- Will Zimbabwe ever be a liberal country?
- How does the Amazon refund work
- Which statements about life courses are overused
- Why is Congress exempt from FOIA
- Can a judge be suspended for incompetence?
- Is Bob Dylan an idiot
- Can you dream in a dream
- Who are your favorite masked anime characters
- What kind of laptop do you prefer
- Has Zimbabwe done enough to control inflation
- What is the equivalent weight of CH3COOH
- What would you do if Pokemon existed
- Are theoretical concepts necessary