Are flight attendants paid for delays
Stewardess unpacks: "For 20 euros on vacation, that has its price"
A Ryanair flight attendant speaks out about her employer in the middle of a strike.
Dublin / Frankfurt / Vienna. Little salary, no sick pay, generally poor working conditions: The flight attendants of the low-cost airline Ryanair accuse their employer. That is why they called on Wednesday and Thursday for the largest strike in the history of the airline. On Wednesday alone, 500 flights had to be canceled. Ryanair does not want to compensate the passengers, the airline said. And she counters that her flight attendants have the best working conditions in the European low-cost airline industry, around an annual salary of up to 40,000 euros.
A flight attendant has now unpacked, naturally anonymously, and given the “Spiegel” an insight into her working life. Even if some things seem emotionally exaggerated - there can be no talk of “the best conditions”.
The statement, with which the flight attendant, who comes from Eastern Europe like most, asks for understanding for the strike, should give passengers pause: “If you go on vacation for 20 euros, it has its price, and that is what Ryanair pays Personnel. "It looks like this:
After she was hired - by means of an Irish employment contract with a temporary employment agency - she received an invoice for 3,000 euros - for the six-week training. Recently there is no longer any need to pay for training.
She earns 700 to 1300 euros net. She does not receive a basic salary, but is only paid for the hours that she actually flies. It should be 100 per month. But there is no guarantee that she will do it. There is no money in the event of illness. Overtime as a result of delays or flight cancellations is also not paid. You have to pay for food on board yourself. (oath)
("Die Presse", print edition, 07/27/2018)
- Multiple inheritance is supported in PHP
- What is INFDS file information data structure
- Why does my tablet restart by itself?
- Is Donald Trump's presidency strange
- Rides hard on a longboard
- What is mass weight
- How interesting is electrical engineering
- How can I develop a middleware
- Ingress How to Find Item Codes
- Is N2 gas flammable
- What's your favorite simple cocktail recipe
- What is justice based on
- What is Benedict Cumberbatch famous for
- You can return a pet to PetSmart
- Who are you surprised is still alive
- Why are beaches in Jamnagar not developed
- The whole system is manipulated
- What is the importance of paper
- Does God really care about people
- Is the singularity point massive
- How do I visit Tikal
- Where do skinks lay eggs
- What is regolith science
- The Bhim app is free
- How can I plagiarize without getting caught
- Is Pearson bad
- How many tribes are there in Jamaica
- Who was the father of Maneka Gandhi
- Why should I choose invisible braces?
- What is destroying the ozone layer
- Can you join two clubs in high school
- What is pain who can describe it
- How do marketing professionals do research
- Tipping in non-standard restaurants