How does it work on Twitter
Internet How does Twitter work?
Twitter was launched in 2006 and is now known to almost everyone. Also because many better-known people use the platform with the blue bird to give their fans an insight into their lives. Incidentally, Twitter is available both as a website at www.twitter.com and as an app for smartphones and tablets.
A single post on Twitter is up to 280 characters long and is called "Tweet" designated.
As a Twitter user, you have two main pages that display tweets: The Twitter home page (Your so-called home feed) and you profile (also known as the Me page). The Twitter homepage displays any tweets that you write and that you see from other people you follow. On your personal profile there is a list of all the things that you have ever posted.
By the way: Of course, once you have written tweets, you can simply delete them again.
Every single user has one Accountthat starts with @. This is followed by the actual username - for example @heiseonline. In this way, the user can be addressed directly in a post.
If you find a Twitter user particularly interesting, you can give this "consequencesThis means that this person's posts are displayed on their own Twitter start page.
If you have a tweet direct to another person start your tweet with @username. This is how this person receives a notification. The tweet will be shown to anyone who follows both you and @username. People who only follow you will see the tweet on their home feed.
If you want your Tweet read by all of your followers , but is still aimed at a specific person, you must not put @username at the beginning of the tweet. It doesn't matter whether you write something like "Super great weather today. Isn't that right @username?"or whether you just put a period in front of the @ tag - like here:". @ Username agrees that the weather is great today."
At the sign # it is a so-called hashtag. Use this to sort your tweet category to. A hashtag is always linked to a keyword, such as #heisetipp or something similar. If you are particularly interested in a hashtag, you can click on it or simply search for it. How to find more tweets on the topic.
Replies and retweetsdisplay
By clicking on "Reply"or on the small speech bubble below a tweet you can easily click on it reply. Entire discussions can be held that anyone can view with a click on the original tweet. You can also use the Heart symbol Like, show the publisher that you like it. About the Letter icon you can send private messages. More on this below.
Meanwhile, Twitter has the "Retweet" about the Arrows icon simplified. This makes it easy to share with your followers something that someone else tweeted. The original tweeter is also noted directly in your retweet. This used to not be the case, so users retweets one RT have written before. In this way it was possible to show that the post did not come from them at all.
In addition to the tweets, which are always public in one form or another, there are also the direct ones news (often abbreviated as DM for Direct Message or PM for Private Message). So you can talk privately with another Twitter user without the conversation being read by all of the world.
- Umbit is a mineral
- What do you think of India 3
- What are the unintended consequences of GDPR
- What constitutes a fugue in music
- How many Trinidadian live in India
- Can we treat dry hair with serum?
- How did gas kill soldiers in World War I.
- How do I calculate conductivities
- Where do supermodels party in Tokyo
- What is the Concussion Protocol for Football
- Planets have their own light
- How can I get around these internet restrictions
- Patch Yerba Mate Teeth
- How is Stanford so good at sports
- What is a token in C language
- Microsoft changed the interview process
- Is Missouri City Texas dangerous
- What skills does a businessman need
- How can you master MATLAB
- How do you think about life today
- Why is honey good for your voice
- Is SuperM a permanent group
- What new name did God give Jacob?
- What is the state language of Hyderabad
- How big are the teeth of the dinosaurs
- What is Kalonji Seed
- What are some famous museums in Paris
- How long do Bitcoin transactions take
- Why are smart meters being installed around the world
- Why is India overtaking China in population
- Does the Czech Republic like the US
- Does Star Wars need more baby characters
- What makes LED shine
- How is online learning different