What does red leather, yellow leather mean
Tips for Leather dyeing
Dyeing leather is an art - not a science!
Different materials, conditions and your artistic expression have a strong influence on the result.
Even with two identical leather hides, you will not get 100 percent identical results.
Use the Fiebings color card as a guide and test the leather color on a sample or scrap piece (or in a later invisible place) before you finally dye the object.
Preparing the leather before dyeing:
During the tanning process, the leather hides receive various protective surface finishes. These "refinements" must be removed before dyeing. For this you use Fiebing's DEGLAZER - it is recommended for removing the tanning finishes and makes the leather ready for the leather color.
Applying the paint:
After the leather has been cleaned and prepared as described above, the leather color is applied with a piece of lambskin, a cloth, sponge or bunching brush (e.g. Fiebing's WOOLDAUBER).
Another method for coloring large areas is uniform spraying with a spray gun, air brush or the PREVAL sprayer (also available here in the shop).
A second coat can be applied if necessary. After dyeing, the excess paint should be removed from the surface with a soft piece of cloth by quick rubbing.
Leather that has already been dyed should be recolored in two steps. First you neutralize the original color with an intermediate coat. Then repeat the dyeing process with the desired leather color.
As an an example:
• Dyeing white leather in black - first dyeing green or blue and then dyeing over black in the second step.
• Dye white leather in dark blue - first dye diluted black (4 to 1) and then dye over dark blue in the second step.
• Dye white leather in brown - first dye light green (e.g. Kelly Green) and then dye over brown in the second step.
• Dyeing red leather in black - first dyeing green and then dyeing over black in the second step.
• Dye green leather in black - first dye red and then dye over black in the second step.
• Dyeing white leather in bright red - first dyeing yellow and then dyeing over red in the second step.
• Dyeing white leather in dark red - first dyeing tan (light yellowish brown) and then over dyeing dark red in the second step.
Please make sure that the first layer of paint is completely dry before the second is applied.
Color mixes for intermediate colors:
Fiebing leather colors can be mixed. You get mixed colors and tones that are not on the color card.
In most cases the basic rules for color mixing can be applied.
• Yellow and blue = green hue
• Yellow and red = hue from orange to red
• Red and blue = hue from crimson / violet to purple
• Red and purple = wine red hue
• Brown and yellow = golden brown or light yellowish-brown (tan) shade
• Brown and red = chestnut to dark brown shade
An infinite number of leather color tones are possible.
The mixed leather colors should be tested for leather residues until the desired color is achieved.
Leather dyed with Navy Blue may develop a "bronze" finish after it has been dyed.
This can be removed with shoe polish (e.g. Rapide shoe cream for smooth leather) - does not apply to suede or synthetic leather!
- Stuff newspaper in the shoe or use a shoe tree before dyeing.
- Work carefully so that the shoe lining does not get stained!
- A more even application is obtained when the leather is still slightly damp from the cleaner.
- Never put the shoe on before it is completely dry!
- The leather color can be easily removed from your hands with Kresto Color.
- After the paint has dried, it should be sealed with Fiebings Acrylic Resolene.
We wish you good luck and great dyeing results!
- What does suh mean in SMS
- Why haven't we explored Antarctica any more?
- How do you hug your friend
- Why did the real Illuminati disappear
- All Norwegians are originally from Denmark
- What are your unpopular opinions about guitar pedals
- How do jazz musicians learn to improvise?
- Is temazepam for anxiety
- Can chickens eat dry cat food
- What does a mathematician look like
- How can every sin be removed
- What are universal constants in mathematics
- What's your favorite screenshot
- Is Pearson bad
- What is the name of the Sikh dagger
- How was Poseidon born where and when
- What is the origin of gingerbread houses
- Can you please interpret my dream 1
- How do navel become infected
- Establish INTP's goals
- When India became 100 literati
- Do Finnish Swedes speak Finnish
- Why does asthma cause shortness of breath
- The celibacy increases the spiritual awareness