What does enormous mean
The educational adjective exorbitant means something like "extraordinary", "enormous", "enormous" or "outside of the standard".
Opposite words to exorbitant are "usual" or "normal".
The adjective was borrowed from French in the 18th century. It's in Latin exorbitans, Present participle of the verb exorbitant (deviating from the track, deviating from the right path), too Latin orbit (Orbit).
Audio sample: Listen to the pronunciation
Phonetic transcription (IPA):[ɛksʔɔʁbiˈtant]
The bank's interest rates are exorbitant high.
In the exorbitant It is visibly difficult for the athletes to achieve the desired, exorbitant Accomplish accomplishments.
Companies charge the prices they believe their customers will find justified. This mechanism is taken to extremes in the wine and art markets, where not only exorbitant Values, but also absurd rules.
- Harald Willenbrock, Why is a haircut for women more expensive than one for men ?, Brandeins, 02/2011
Grammar and inflection
|exorbitant||more exorbitant||most exorbitant|
|Feminine||exorbitant||more exorbitant||more exorbitant||exorbitant|
|Masculine||the exorbitant one||of the exorbitant||the exorbitant||the exorbitant|
|Feminine||the exorbitant one||the exorbitant||the exorbitant||the exorbitant one|
|neuter||the exorbitant||of the exorbitant||the exorbitant||the exorbitant|
|Plural||the exorbitant ones||the exorbitant||the exorbitant||the exorbitant ones|
|Masculine||not an exorbitant one||none exorbitant||not an exorbitant one||not an exorbitant one|
|Feminine||not an exorbitant one||none exorbitant||none exorbitant||not an exorbitant one|
|neuter||not an exorbitant one||none exorbitant||not an exorbitant one||not an exorbitant one|
|Plural||no exorbitant||none exorbitant||not an exorbitant one||no exorbitant|
Subscribe for free and learn a new foreign word every day
Receive the word of the day every morning with our free newsletter. You can unsubscribe at any time. Your data will not be passed on to third parties for advertising purposes.
More interesting words:
immense - content: meaning pronunciation usage examples increase and ...
Renovation - The noun renovation generally denotes a repair, ...
controversial - content: meaning pronunciation usage examples increase and ...
disruptive - content: meaning pronunciation usage examples increase ...
compatible - content: meaning pronunciation usage examples increase and ...
- What is Butte MT known for?
- Is organic chemistry good or biotechnology
- What is your favorite picture and why
- Why is Zoho popular
- What is incubation center
- Why are signatures required for eBay deliveries?
- How do I use metacognition in the classroom
- Why is India overtaking China in population
- Can Facebook actually become privacy-friendly?
- Who is Young Thug
- Who would win Brock Lesnar or Ryback?
- Requires energy space
- Why do we unconsciously make mistakes
- Sharks can drown
- Who is the worst GTA protagonist
- Are monkeys endangered
- Who designed Flowingdata com
- Why are cryptocurrencies becoming so popular
- Why is belief necessary
- Why are hockey tickets so expensive
- Are you satisfied with your university?
- Which frameworks do you use in NLP
- How well do you know an octopus
- Is Facebook really good for me
- What is the most common mental disorder
- Who is the Captain Marvel
- How Business Directory Websites Make Money
- Will virtual reality revolutionize the gaming industry
- What makes medical treatment so much
- Is Chick Fil A overrated
- What do Israelis love most?
- What are some popular internet services for consumers
- Batman versus Superman who is better
- Cow's milk causes diabetes