Why am I not satisfied with anything
Dissatisfied? 7 things to leave behind
Would you say that you are currently completely satisfied? In your job everything is going exactly as you always wanted it to? Nothing in your private life to complain about either? Then: Congratulations! For the majority, however, this is more of an exception to the rule. Somehow there is always something in our stomachs, worries or dissatisfied makes. Now you could come to terms with the situation - or do something about it. We recommend the latter: These seven things you should leave behind in order to get yours Overcome dissatisfaction…
➠ Content: This is what awaits you
➠ Content: This is what awaits you
Dissatisfaction: what makes us dissatisfied?
Run polls are the Germans as satisfied as not in a long time. Around half of around 20,000 respondents said they were with their lives highly satisfied to be. The main reasons for the satisfaction were above all the health of the respondents and the low number of unemployed in Germany.
But where there is light, there is also shadow, as is well known. Conversely, the survey result also means: the other half is pretty dissatisfied.
The causes for this can be completely different. Nevertheless, a few particularly common factors and triggers keep cropping up in such surveys and subsequent analyzes. These:
- Exaggerated perfectionism. Never being satisfied with your own performance, always wanting more and always having to take care of everything down to the very last and smallest detail, is often a path to dissatisfaction. Perfection is almost impossible to achieve and only puts you under unnecessary pressure.
- Wrong basic setting. Sometimes the reason for dissatisfaction lies in one's own attitude. Many people focus on the negative things and surround themselves only with what is harmful to themselves.
- Frequent comparisons. Everyone has their own personal strengths and weaknesses. Comparisons can also be an incentive, but those who always compete with others and only see what they have and what others are better at will be dissatisfied.
- Wrong goals. Having goals is good, but they should also be the right goals. Above all, this means that these should be your own goals that you are pursuing. Chasing after the dreams of others will not make you happy.
- No gratitude. There are quite a few things that each and every one of us should be grateful for. In everyday life, however, this is only taken for granted and one concentrates on what is not yet there.
- No self-esteem. Those who do not recognize the value of their own person can only become dissatisfied in the long run. You feel bad, suffer from self-doubt and do not believe in being able to achieve anything.
7 things to leave behind
First of all, dissatisfaction is not a bad thing. She draws our attention to the fact that the current situation does not meet our expectations. Dissatisfaction is therefore not a cause for despair, but rather an incentive.
So don't sink into your dissatisfaction, take action - and change something. Remember that satisfaction is a matter of attitude. In order not to let your dissatisfaction paralyze you, you should above all leave these seven things behind:
The constant complaints
Identifying the source of your dissatisfaction is the first step. But just getting upset about it doesn't change the situation. You can be dissatisfied for months that your boss has given a big task with a lot of responsibility not to you but to a colleague. Or you can prove through further achievements that your supervisor made a mistake and are thus in the first place for the next promotion. Complaints do not get you anywhere and do not change your dissatisfaction. Take action or forget about the problem.
The things you don't have
Having goals and dreams is what drives you. Always concentrating on what you don't have, but would like to have, inevitably makes you dissatisfied. The Danish philosopher Søren Kierkegaard said: "Comparing is the end of happiness and the beginning of dissatisfaction." Instead, focus your gaze on the current situation. What do I have and how can I make the most of it? So the question is not: "What could have been?" rather "What is?"
The things that you cannot change
Just like the things you don't have, you should leave behind the things you can't change. First of all, it is important to understand that there are actually things that are beyond one's own sphere of influence. Instead, use your energy to work on the things that are really in your hand.
The negative environment
Admittedly, it is difficult to leave the negative environment behind you completely. At work, in particular, you can't choose which colleagues are still sitting in the office. Nevertheless, the following applies: Keep your distance from toxic people and do not allow yourself to be negatively influenced. Do not make the dissatisfaction of others your own. This works best if you set limits and adhere to them.
The desire for instant results
A lack of patience and expectations that are too high can also be reasons for dissatisfaction. A well-known example is physical fitness or a diet. Anyone who expects to see major developments after a very short time is often disappointed and accordingly dissatisfied. To avoid this, you should set yourself small goals that you can achieve in a shorter time. This prevents dissatisfaction and keeps motivation high in the long term.
The useless self-pity
When things don't go well, many fall into a hole of self-pity. Nobody seems to have it as difficult as oneself and everyone else is better off. Not a helpful attitude as it often only leads to further dissatisfaction. Realize that others are struggling with problems too, and that you are not the only dissatisfied person. The key difference: you can change something about your own dissatisfaction.
The persistent pessimism
Every change always means deterioration, everything you tackle goes wrong and you don't even have to try. It is hardly surprising that such a pessimistic attitude leads to dissatisfaction. Why not assume that things will work the way you want them to? Not only will you feel better. Self-fulfilling prophecy will also help you turn your back on discontent.
Dissatisfied? You can do that
You don't have to and shouldn't live with your own dissatisfaction. It is better to recognize the impulse as such and then ask yourself what you can learn from it. But how exactly do you deal and do with your dissatisfaction the best of it? These steps can help you:
Analyze the situation
First of all, it is advisable to question and reflect on what exactly is really bothering you and where the dissatisfaction arises. What area of your life is responsible for the feeling? In the same way, however, you should ask yourself: Is the topic important and big enough to occupy and influence me so much?
Often we are occupied with little things that are actually not worth all the theater. Rather, focus your energies on what really matters - all other things should be viewed with greater serenity.
Develop as specific a plan as possible
After analyzing your dissatisfaction, the second step is to make a plan and determine what needs to be done to address your dissatisfaction. Sounds easy? Unfortunately, in many cases it is not.
Such a plan also means changing some things in your life. Most prefer to cling to something even if it's not what they really want.
Get really active and make a difference
Theory alone will not rid you of your dissatisfaction. At some point, you will also need to put the plan into action and start taking matters into your own hands in order to overcome the dissatisfaction.
It's not easy, so instead of trying to do it all at once, take it one step at a time. That way, you can achieve small goals and approach the changes little by little.
What other readers have read
Jochen Mai is the founder and editor-in-chief of the career bible. The author of several books lectures at the TH Köln and is a sought-after keynote speaker, coach and consultant.
- Who is HIPAA really protecting?
- What are milliliters used to measure
- What is active aging
- Which coaching class is best for CDS
- Who discovered the medicinal uses of plants
- What is a 7 nanometer processor
- Does Satthwa hair oil really work
- Foreign investments promote economic growth
- What is the PO authorization in ECGC
- Can someone become their own grandpa
- How much is 7 12 1 4
- Supports the Mi 5 Pro OTG
- Who are the users of statistics
- How is democracy different from theocracy?
- Who is rich Virat Kohli or Dhoni
- What is EMR usually made of
- Why are narcissists so opportunistic
- How are the Greeks treated in the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- What turns in fibers
- Is coffee good for headaches?
- Why is generalized fear a social taboo
- What are all domain extension options
- What are words that rhyme with rattles
- Who is the oldest rock musician alive?