Christianity advocates racism
Christians in Democracy
Dr. theol., Dr. phil., born 1960; Professor of Sociology of Religion at the State University of Oradea / Romania; Lecturer in Ethics, Martin Bucer Seminar, Bonn; Director of the International Institute for Religious Freedom of the World Evangelical Alliance, Bonn / Cape Town / Colombo, Friedrichstrasse 38, 53111 Bonn.
Email: [email protected]
introductionIn the middle of the 17th century, demands for freedom of religion, conscience, freedom of the press and universal male suffrage arose for the first time in the radical Protestant wing in England. Michael Farris has presented an extensive study of the early sources of religious freedom in the United States, including countless sermons and tracts.  After Sebastian Castellio, who, as a former Calvin student in 1554, advocated still rudimentary religious freedom against Johannes Calvin - which continued to provide for the punishment of the "godless" - the first known treatise that postulated complete religious freedom came from the English Baptist Leonard Busher from 1614. 
The idea spread among Baptists and other dissenters in England, the Netherlands, and then the United States. It was the Baptist and spiritualist Roger Williams (1604 - 1685), co-founder of the first American Baptist church with a congregational structure, who in 1644 demanded complete freedom of religion  and in 1647 in later Rhode Island the first constitution with the separation of church and state and with the Assurance of religious freedom - also for Jews and atheists - established, although he was a friend of the Christian mission. Slavery was abolished there as early as 1652: "Not although, but because he was deeply religious, Williams demanded a separation of politics and religion."  The same applies to William Penns (1644-1718) later "holy experiment" Pennsylvania.
- Does the pea soup have protein
- Who is bidding on the Brady Bunch house
- Is accountability really a Hebrew word
- Should robots be designed like humans
- How does the qualitative data analysis begin
- What would happen without faith or hope
- For whom is engineering physics best suited?
- How do you say school in Urdu
- What is the USPS arrow key
- High blood pressure can be painful
- All simple ideas for semantic web projects
- What do sloths eat
- Has atheism gone too far?
- Why did parasitic plants evolve?
- Can proteins form polymers?
- How can I fix my ripped pants?
- What happens after completing the PCSJ exam
- Helps CBD MS
- What was Michael Jackson's best album
- Can I do math on my own?
- Is my company website OK 1
- Does girl hair have a natural scent?
- What is the abbreviation for NAMO
- Muslims fear Israel or Israelis