What are some nicknames for Joseph
Joseph or in the more modern spelling Josef is a male given name with biblical roots. The name, which is very popular around the world and spread in many variants, means "YHWH add", where YHWH is the name of God. The name is also often interpreted as “God may add a son”.
The story of Joseph, the 11th son of Jacob, is one of the oldest surviving stories and can be found in various religious records. Joseph can be found in the Tanach (the holy scriptures of Judaism), in the Old Testament (based on the Tanach) and in the Arabic variant Yusuf in the Koran (inspired by the Archangel Gabriel).
Joseph, Jacob's favorite son, was sold by his brothers to Egypt, where, however, with God's help, he became Pharaoh's advisor. Faced with years of drought, his brothers came to Egypt many years later but did not recognize Joseph. He tested his brothers and ultimately forgave them. Joseph is considered to be the progenitor of Israel. Because of his firm faith and his pious and thoughtful actions, Joseph is regarded as a model for the Jesus story in the New Testament. The earthly father of Jesus and husband of Mary was also named Joseph.
Due to the old age and religious background, there are now countless country and language-specific variants of Joseph as well as of the female form Josefa. Here are just a few examples:
* Beppo, Sepp, Sepperl, Peppi, Pepi, Jupp, Josel, Sipp, Josi (short forms)
* José, Pepe, Pepino (Spanish)
* Jose, Jo, Joe (English)
* Joséphe (French)
* Giuseppe, Beppe (Italian)
* Josip (Slavic)
* Josif, Iosif, Osip (Russian)
* Jozef (Polish)
* Jozsef (Hungarian)
* Yussuf (Persian)
Among the numerous name bearers there were some very special personalities, who in turn are honored on the now numerous name days. Joseph of Egypt (son of Jacob) is honored on December 11th. And Joseph of Nazareth (foster father of Jesus) is celebrated on March 19th.
In addition to the many clergymen, there are also some secular rulers who bore these traditional names, such as Joseph II (1741-1790), the son and heir to the throne of Empress Maria Theresia or Joseph Haydn, a famous Austrian composer. But well-known people such as Stalin, Goebbels or Mengele also had the first name Joseph or Josef.
- Which is a Moto E original battery
- What are your reviews of Pyrocrat Systems
- How is an Oklahoma City DUI calculated
- Would you like to say hello
- How porn humiliates women
- How is Islamic finance
- Why can't you run underwater quickly?
- What is a mattress topper used for?
- Which are the best clinical research institutes
- Why is CoffeeScript so popular
- What turns in fibers
- How do I do idli
- What do you learn in pharmacy school
- What are the consequences of dishonesty
- Why are golf pens so short
- What is Data Com in sales
- What are the latest innovations in marketing
- What makes a person divine?
- What does Matthew 16 13
- Racial relations speaks of racist racism
- Should I learn Cloudkit or Firebase
- How does forgiveness conclude a person
- How can I develop my own strategies
- Why was John Lennon an atheist
- What is X 2 x 3 1
- Did King James write the Bible?
- What does education 1
- Are Apple earphones waterproof
- How does the Amazon refund work
- Who is England's Trump
- Leaves Louis Litt the suits
- Can SAP Lumira replace the SAP Business Object
- Which is the best touring bike
- May boys girls around 52