How does a wireless charger work
How to wirelessly charge iPhone
Here you can find out how you can charge your iPhone wirelessly with Qi-certified charging accessories.
Your iPhone 8 or later has wireless charging features that make charging the device easy and intuitive.
- iPhone 12
- iPhone 12 mini
- iPhone 12 Pro
- iPhone 12 Pro Max
- iPhone SE (2nd generation)
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XR
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 Plus
- Connect the charger to a power source. Use the power supply that came with your accessories or one recommended by the manufacturer.
- Place the charger on a level surface or other location recommended by the manufacturer.
- Place the iPhone on the charger with the display facing up. Place it in the center of the charger or as recommended by the manufacturer for best performance.
- The iPhone should start charging after a few seconds on the charger.
The symbol should appear in the toolbar.
- Wireless charging of the iPhone uses magnetic induction. The iPhone and the charger must be in direct contact. Magnetic holders, cases, or other objects between iPhone and charger can reduce performance or damage magnetic strips or RFID chips, such as those found on some credit cards, security IDs, passports, and key fobs. If there are sensitive items like these in your case, remove them before charging, or make sure they're not between the charger and the back of the iPhone.
- If iPhone doesn't charge or charges slowly, and it has a very thick case, metal case, or battery case, remove the case.
- For example, if the iPhone vibrates due to a notification, the iPhone may shift. This may interrupt the flow of power from the charging mat to the iPhone. If this happens often, turn off the vibration, turn on Do Not Disturb, or use a case to prevent movement.
- Depending on the charging mat, you may hear small noises while the iPhone is charging.
- The iPhone can get a little warmer while charging. If the battery gets too warm, the software will stop charging when the iPhone is more than 80% charged to extend the life of the battery. The iPhone will continue to charge as soon as the temperature has dropped. If possible, move your iPhone and charger to a cooler location.
- The iPhone does not use the wireless charging function when it is connected via USB. When the iPhone is connected to a computer or USB power supply via USB, the iPhone is charged via USB.
Information relating to non-Apple products or independent websites that are not controlled or audited by Apple is not intended as a recommendation or endorsement. Apple assumes no responsibility for the selection, performance, or use of third-party websites and products. Apple makes no representations about the accuracy or reliability of any third party websites. Contact the provider for additional information.
- What do you associate with Germany?
- If 12x 14 2 what is x
- What is the best tool for learning
- What is the most intuitive thing about leadership
- What is the US impeachment process
- Why did Stalin adopt Marxism?
- What is the largest city in Great Britain
- What is time analysis and forecast
- Can SAP Lumira replace the SAP Business Object
- Which statements about life courses are overused
- How should I study MBA
- How is Welsh different from English
- How did the accident with DuPont Texas happen
- Why does Israel have a president
- Which country code starts with 9
- Why is Uber Burning Through Cash
- What prevents self improvement
- Electric cars are low-maintenance
- PWM reduces the current
- Which pet looks cute?
- How can I start loving myself?
- What things smell blue
- What is green fame
- You can charge your phone over WiFi
- What does car insurance exclude?
- How did Ireland get out of poverty
- How can one educate the youth?
- Who are the inventors of the WWW
- Is the Vivo S1 Pro smartphone waterproof
- Can you play football?
- Is Michael Sandel an important modern philosopher
- What are some uses of infrared light
- Astronauts listen to music in space
- Are people with BPD vindictive