What is Adtech 1
According to the latest Martech report by the accounting firm Moore Stephens and the consulting firm WARC, the global martech market is growing rapidly and has now reached a market volume of 99.9 billion US dollars. Martech? Exactly. The term buzzes more and more frequently through the marketing universe as a buzzword and we come across the term regularly in our everyday life as PR professionals for the tech industry. But very few should be clear what is behind it. And while we're at it, what is adtech? Aren't Ad- and Martech the same thing? An attempt at definition.
Advertising is not just marketing
The obvious first: The words adtech and martech are each word compositions, consisting of advertising and technology or marketing and technology. So the first clue is the difference between marketing and advertising. Marketing describes a corporate strategy for market positioning, including advertising. Advertising is simply advertising - the somewhat clumsy daughter of marketing. So far so good.
Basically, Adtech and Martech are collective terms for every type of technology, software or tools that are used in online marketing. But if you take a closer look, there are three distinguishing features:
1. The application
Adtech solutions are often more IT-heavy, which means that an algorithm works independently, as is the case, for example, in programmatic advertising. In this sense, Adtech does not take place with the marketer himself, but is handled by specialized agencies or the technology provider. Martech solutions, on the other hand, such as an email marketing tool, can easily be controlled by content and marketing managers themselves.
2. The targeting
While adtech solutions are mainly used in a one-to-many environment, companies often use martech solutions to establish direct customer relationships (one-to-one environment). Example: An advertising banner on a website reaches many users at the same time. The advertising medium is intended to address the broad masses within a target group. In contrast, a CRM system is used to address customers individually, for example with a personalized discount coupon for a birthday.
3. The tracking
Adtech solutions often set cookies to collect user data. They usually reflect a buying interest or shopping habits and are suitable for direct marketing in the B2C segment. When surfing the web, the user is shown banners based on his or her personal interests. Martech solutions, on the other hand, are based on so-called personally identifying information - PII for short. This includes detailed information about a person such as name, address, telephone or credit card number. Querying the PII can, for example, result in users receiving customized offers for supplementary dental insurance by email if they have provided information about their health.
In fact, it is difficult to make a precise distinction between adtech and martech. That is why we believe that the two terms will merge over the next few years. Due to the size of the market alone, there is a tendency that Martech could displace the term adtech.
About Ms. Wenk
Ms. Wenk is a PR agency for digital companies, platforms and internet technology providers. For more than ten years, the agency has been successfully advising tech companies and start-ups on communicative external presentation in business and specialist media. On the Frau Wenk blog we regularly report on the latest trends in digital marketing, share PR hacks and publish interviews with journalists and experts from the PR and communications industry.
- Why are there divisions in fantasy football
- According to Buddhism, what feelings are there
- When do people get hair loss
- Data sets for retail
- What do you think people are rethinking
- Evanescence is classified as a symphonic metal
- How do prisoners get guns?
- Which is the best school in Dwarka
- Can I read a smart investor online
- What is half of frac 20 2
- What is the chapel's parallel programming language
- Why does asthma cause shortness of breath
- Is the fight in Vikings realistic
- How is urea produced in humans
- Biological machines have the future
- Will electric cars end the oil age
- What do your eyes say about you
- What is rigid body movement
- How do I become Bernie Bro
- What is the role of an understudy
- How do I do idli
- What is an alternative to Curl on Windows
- Are men afraid of kinky women
- What distinguishes mutation from normal genetic variation
- Why do rains pollute the water
- Why do we unconsciously make mistakes
- How is the new SAT
- How effective is the risk ratio
- How does Thanos destroy the universe
- Why are anarchists for equality
- It was Mary's fault for the Hamilton affair
- What is the Honda Accord EX L.
- If 2x 5 29 what is x