Are redheads hot
Knowledge Are red-haired people more sensitive to pain?
Some medical studies and investigations have already dealt with the sensitivity to pain of red-haired people - but so far there has not been a clear result. Among other things, researchers from Denmark and the USA dealt with this topic. Their conclusion: redheads have a different pain perception than blondes or dark-haired people. For example, redheads actually perceive some forms of pain more strongly than people with other hair colors, while others perceive them as less uncomfortable. And: patients with red hair usually need a higher dose of anesthetic during operations!
Redheads are sensitive to hot and cold
In an experiment with a total of 40 women, 20 of them with red hair, 20 with blond or dark hair, the Danish researcher Lars Arendt-Nielsen from the Danish University of Aalborg found that the women all experienced a similar pain sensation when they were given a chilli Cream has been applied to the skin. In a further test with a mechanical stimulus (pressure), the red-haired test subjects reacted even less sensitively than the study participants with other hair colors. However: in another study showed that they react more strongly to some pain stimuli - for example heat or cold - than to others.
The reason for these differences to blond or dark-haired people is on the 16th chromosome of our genome: A minimal mutation blocks the so-called melanocortin receptor 1 (MC1R), which apparently not only leads to the fact that the dye that colors the hair red is produced more becomes. Doctors suspect that this change also affects the perception of pain.
- How is heat transmitted worldwide
- How reliable is Airbnb in China
- Can apply good content
- Who designed Flowingdata com
- What's your favorite area in Tampa
- How do Indian actors look without makeup
- Where will liberalism draw the line
- Can there be wind without clouds?
- Which app is best for medical mnemonics
- Is a good translation of
- Why are there no writings from Jesus
- How does a concussion feel?
- Automation will soon replace teachers
- Why do dogs like to run so much?
- What is your favorite red table wine
- Is chitin a polymer
- How does Google Maps show locations
- Kylo Ren has no siblings
- What are some of the psychological hacks
- Why are duckweeds always in pairs
- How do I organize myself in life
- Is maize cornmeal
- When is the data set not distributed normally?
- What percentage of iPads sold are 3G