Why does my Acer Chromebook keep freezing?
Windows 10 crashes or freezes: How to fix it
If Windows 10 keeps crashing, freezing, or otherwise unresponsive, don't panic and check a few things. You can find most errors yourself and remedy them very easily.
Windows 10 has a ton of features that make our lives easier, but sometimes the exact opposite happens: the operating system freezes, shuts down, or just shows a blue screen.
If this happens regularly to your Windows computer, go to troubleshooting after a restart - you can usually solve the problem yourself very easily.
This might interest you:Buy Windows 10 legally for 36 euros
Check Windows updates
The first thing to do is make sure you are using the latest version of Windows.
Click on the start button and to the left of it on the symbol for "Settings".
Then type "Windows Update" in the search box. You will now be shown whether your Windows is up to date or whether new updates are available.
If there is an update available, download and install it.
Delete temporary files
The temporary file folder fills up very quickly. You should delete its contents regularly, as a full Temp directory can affect the performance of Windows.
Press Windows + R keys to bring up the Run dialog box.
Enter "temp" in the "Open" field and press OK.
Press Ctrl + A to select all of the files in the Temp folder, then press Delete to remove them. Sometimes a message appears stating that not all files can be removed because the folder (or a file in it) is open in another program. Then carry out the deletion process again later.
Bad memory is one of the most common causes of computer freezing and luckily, Windows has verification software built into it.
Press Windows Key + R
Enter "mdsched.exe" in the "Open" field and click OK. You have the choice to check immediately (this will restart your computer) or to wait until the next reboot.
The next time you restart you will see a blue screen (which shows you the progress of your memory analysis)
Adjust virtual memory
Virtual memory is an extension of the physical memory of your computer - part memory and part hard disk. If your computer runs out of memory while performing an action, Windows will use this virtual memory to store files temporarily. You can adjust the number of resources that virtual storage can access.
Go to "Control Panel> System and Security> System> Advanced Settings".
In the Performance section, click Settings and open the Advanced tab.
Virtual memory information is displayed at the bottom of the window. Click "Change" and then clear the check box at the top of the new window that appears.
Select your drive and click "Custom Size".
Below you can see the current size of your virtual memory; use the Custom Size option to enlarge it by 50 or 100 percent.
Click Set and OK.
Another common problem is drive failure. If you haven't just defragmented it, this could also be a cause of Windows crashing.
Open Windows Explorer, right click your primary drive (probably your C drive) and click Properties.
Go to the Tools tab and click Check in the Error Checking window.
Click "Scan Drive" to start the process.
- Is medicine necessary Are there alternative treatments?
- What people are doing wrong about socialism
- What is a carcass saw
- Why can't compilers optimize code perfectly?
- Can I cancel my own degree?
- Why did you write Stephen Wrong
- Can rust gold
- Intensive competitive gymnastics is good for girls
- How do antihistamines reduce itching
- Trust your manager
- Can we use cell phones during a flight?
- What is solar radiation pressure
- What ancient society invented fascism
- How do I check Verizon email
- How do I rate my art
- Hydrate or dehydrate alcoholic beverages
- How can vasoconstriction lower blood pressure
- Which MBA specialization requires more communication skills
- How can I install ServiceNow
- How good is the Russian MBBS degree
- What is initiation polymerization
- Why should you choose an MBA?
- Umbit is a mineral
- How do the WHO standards for child growth work
- You can put decals on the walls of the dormitory
- When do we usually say good evening
- What is the significance of the fractional oxidation number?
- What is Baul philosophy
- What is the afterlife like in heaven
- Has anyone passed the TNPSC without coaching?
- What are the best augmented reality conferences
- At what temperatures do they wear shorts
- Should I see Avengers Endgame
- Why do we use remote sensing